Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the right driver for the right cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ok, so spurred by a hijack of another thread, i thought it pertinant (sp) to start another thread for those who are looking to build their own cabs.

if you have questions about a driver you intend to use for a given cab, post it here to see if what you are planning is efficient or not.

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  3. i dont think thats a hijack, i think there needs to be a thread about building your own cab(s), including pictures, advice, diagrams, recomendations for drivers, preameters, etc.

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Absolutely. I´ve had great fun building mine. Just don´t do it to save money. All the parts end up costing quite a bit more than say an Avatar cab. But I built mine because I wanted something that was not available on the market.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The amount of information required to even scratch the surface of the complexities of loudspeaker design would fill not only an entire website, but also more than a few books, and to that end there are literally dozens of books and at least a dozen websites that are devoted exclusively to loudspeaker design and construction. There simply isn't enough room here to do more than cursorily address a few specific issues.