1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The right Power Amp ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KIRKSFANGS, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Greetings -- I am currently powering my rig with a Crown CE-1000 power amp,and am having lots of clipping issues. I have been told that this particular amp , while great for highs and mids , just doesn't do it for bass guitar(6-string bass , just to make it worse !!). Can I get some ideas as to a power amp that can handle subs ?? 'll need at least 1000 watts at 4 ohms , playing bridged mono.
    Thanks -- Kirk

2. Don't know what your budget is, but for a good quality power amp, at a great price, try the Carvin DCM1000.

Alot of guys on this board use Carvin power amps, and love them. You get great watts for the dollar value.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Who said that the CE-1000 isn't good for bass?

A friend of mine uses his CE-2000 to drive a pair of Acme B2s (4 ohms each) and doesn't have any problems.

If weight isn't an issue, perhaps something like a Crest would be good. I'm quite fond of my QSC PLX-2402.

4. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I just bought a Crest LT 1500 and it sounds great.

5. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    QSC PLX or the new QSC Powerlight 2 series. Just bought a QSC PL224 and it crushes.