Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The RipOffs, our demo, powered by TRACE!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Microbass, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Well, we finally got it done. The band have made a 4 track demo. Mastering isnt great, but it does pretty bloody sweet, considering it was done all by the band and friend.

Stuck in Democracy

Ramblings [of a misguided fool]

Nearest the Crow flies

Neat Handwriting of the Illiterate

I do backing vocals on Stuck In, and Illiterate, and then Stephen does all the leads. It wa s agreat experience, and I'm very happy with how it sounds, despite the mistakes on some of the tracks. :)

equipment:
    80s MIJ Fender Telecaster w/ marshall dist pedal - straight into desk
    Mapex kit, 28" kick, 14" snare, 18" floor tom, and 16" low(?) tom, sibian cymbols.
    Bass - The G3, with old steel rotosounds ;), into the Trace 4x10 that I oh so adore. I didnt manage to quite get the exact tone I desire, I dont think I ever will from that combo, but it does very very smoov, very sweet, and bassy. Most importantly, I cut thru. :bassist:

I'll post a coupla pictures later, however I have a gig tonight and places to be! Hope you all enjoy the MP3s, please be open and honest with our stuff - I am aware of the timing in Illiterate and the intros got messed up in a few tracks. It wasnt my fault, since we put the bass down last. haaa! ;)

peace, love and unity. <3

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

stuck in democracy doesnt work--link.