The rodent is back!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My supporting thingy ran out, so I lost the little bugger for a few days, but the furry god is back! Prepare to kneel! This is year 3, BTW.
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i was wondering what happened!

as fellow rodents, we are out numbered...
  3. Uh? A ferret is not a rodent! :confused:
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    mine is

some say they are from the otter type family, but my ferret is a rodent that steals and hides stuff from me - until i can find my spare keys to my car, i knocked him down to being a rodent, sometimes even a dirty little rat.

;) :D
  5. LOL! All is clear, now! :D
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My sister is trying to adopt a bulldog that lost an eye to a ferret, rodent or otherwise. Is that a common ferret thing, eating eyes?
  7. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm not sure Blisshead, but you can always pull those flashing goggles down over your eyes if need be, eh?

;) :D
  8. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

i have seen him bite down on an eyelid before. he and our old cat (had to put her to sleep a long time ago :( ) used to play all the time. he got on the lid. we had to get involved. this was when he was still a ferret.

now, eating an eyeball...? i really don't know. i do know is that ferrets have been known to take on horses. they will try to get anyone (or anything) to chase them. delfedus (sp?) could prolly agree with this.
  9. we'll, i've never had a problem with my particular ferret being this aggressive. i have had him around other ferrets and a few cats and he has been very gentle, even timid around cats. of course, when he gets excited he does get very hyper and likes to jump on and chase anything that moves, but as far as biting its not a problem, he never bites (training dettered that habit)

however, i know that domestic ferrets are spaid and neutered when born because males become extremely aggressive otherwise, so perhaps the ferret in question was unneutered?
  10. oh, and ferrets are actually members of the mustelid family

mustelids are animals that spray a scent to deter predators (skunks, etc) but domesticated ferrets are descented (scent gland is removed) when they are born to keep the smell down :)
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Possible, I don't know.
  12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I think your dagnab ferret ate my bush,and
    tomorrow, you are gonna PAY for no more bush!!!

Just telling you now. so you are ready for

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :meh: Read up some more! Ferret 'stink' comes from the oils released to the fur (Hobs more so then kits) Once altered the male will 'stink' less.... scent glands or not. Ferrets with their glands 'poof' when scared... but only as a defense. The ferret is closely related to the Mongoose and Mink as well.

Unaltered Ferrets are no more agressive. the most affectionate of the dozen or so I've breed/raised/sheltered/fostered was my Calvin (whole male breeder). He was a moose @ about 4 lbs and sweet as could be.

Altering ANY mammal pre sexual maturity causes the pancreus to tend to the extra hormones during puberty (because the intended organs were removed). Though concrete proof hasn't been collected, it's the assumption of many in the Ferret community that the Extreme frequency for Ferrets to die due to Insolanoma [sp?] is a direct result to early altering.

I'm sorry what was the question....

me\ ducks around the corner and back to the safety of the web.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Back when I used to do computer repairs (this was long ago, when they were actually repairable;)) I did a housecall for one of my business customers.

I was wearing a loose pair of khakis. This is important:D

The computer was in the family room and I did notice a small cage when I arrived but really didn't think anything of it. I proceed to troubleshoot the problem and was talking to the customer's wife when suddenly I felt something scramble up the inside of my pants leg. That's right... in my pants!

I jumped up and frantically started shaking my leg and finally out falls a full sized ferret... the family pet.

Ahh... memories:eek:
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D I had a dark-eyed white female rescue that had a thing for the back of knees.

Heaven help ya if'n you were in shorts on the couch when she was loose :eek:
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You just have to brag, don't you?;)
  17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Let's eye, and no nuts....

I'd name him Lucky

18. well, i was quoting from the "Ferrets for dummy's book" so maybe thats the problem :D