The Rodent's Back!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well, I'm back from the Warped Tour. All and all, I had great time. Signing bare breasts in Charlotte was the highlight! :bassist: :cool: Anyway, I became VERY close friends with alot of the bands there. My faves were Yellowcard (they're like fam), Chronic Future (love those guys!), Opiate For The Masses (like fam), Bad Religion, Tiger Army (bassist rule in his upright kingdom!) Story of the Year (amazing live show), & Spell Toronto out of San Diego. If you ever get a chance to see Billy Talent, go!!! The after parties were amazing! After the NYC gig, the drummer from Yellowcard rented a suite and invited us and about 50 chicks, and well, some things should stay in NYC! :eyebrow: ;) I don't know how it happened, but the staff and other bands started to spread the word about us, and alot of those guys became big fans of ours. This tour was much better than the last time we went. Okay, what did I miss?
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    When i interviewed Yellowcard i thought they were egotistical knobs. (just imho)

Especially that violin fornicator. What a.... *mumble mumble*

Glad you had fun @ Warped. Its a cool show, i wish it came in its entirety to England.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Yesterday I had some pie.
  4. All those basses, and witty. What a one, two punch.
  5. the warped tour looked AMAZING this year!

the souls, anti-flag! awesome that you played and even better that word got out!

you little rat, you... :hyper: :)
  6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Did you by chance catch Mofofunka at the Jersey show over the weekend? My friend plays the keys for them and they got a last minute gig. He said they didn't really fit the bill but people seemed to dig it.
  7. Hey Woodchuck, I just took a listen to your El Pus tracks. That stuff is alot of fun. Very cool.

Any way I could get an EP or Lp-er? gladly drop the dough.

PM me, and we'll do business.
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

LOL! Shawn is an aquired taste. He can be sorta harsh at times.
  9. Woodchuck. I'm a nice little boy. But for two years I've been waiting on the EP to come to my door... TWO *$(%*#$*%(#)*% YEARS!
  10. Well, you could d.l. the songs off the website and listen to whenever...

I rekon.

Maybe that's what I'll do, but really Woodchuck, I'd like to support a fellow trench-workin bassist is all. I'd truly like to have it. I enjoy what I've heard alot. Fun, heavy funky quasi- Fishbone inspired pogofest.

11. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Did you get to see Underoath, Rise Against, or Underminded?
  12. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    welcome back

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good job Woodchuck. I'm going to go somewhere quiet and live vicariously through your posts.... ;)

Not to much here.... S.S. and all.
  14. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Glad you had a great time. Don't get too famous for us!
  15. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Woodchuck, how did the GK rig fare on the tour?
  16. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Haha, exactly. It makes my gig on a sidestage tomorrow night for Fear Factory seem fairly insignificant. :)

Glad to hear things went well Woodchuck! Keep living the life.
  17. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Enjoy that one vegaas... I saw Fear Factory last week and it was definately a night to remember.

Woodchuck, did you get to hear Underoath play? I'm curious to know if they've abandoned all of the old, more christian-based songs they wrote on their first two albums with the old front-man.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, I saw them on Conan (I think) and I thought, wow, a pop punk band with a violin player, this might be kinda cool. And it could have, if the violin player concerned himself with playing his instrument instead of being :cool:
  19. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    He's actually an amazing player.
  20. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im sure he is - doesnt stop him coming off like a mindless jock :)