The role of a good bass player

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ampslut, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Ampslut

Ampslut Supporting Member

May 15, 2017
    I'm 69 years old so I've been around since for a while. Today I got a chance to play with the people I've played with on and off for most of my life. I got to play with the KB player and a guitar player who I started with in 1969 and a singer I played with in the 80's. We are putting together a band to play intermission at a Rondells concert coming up next month. I've been playing all the time since 68 and have never stopped. But these people have been on and off since then and they are pretty rusty. The singer, a female, is still pretty much on her game but the kb player and guitar and very rusty. The drummer is OK and will come along in time. Today I realized that it was my job to bring out the players that have been sleeping in these other people. We are practicing 2 time a wk and the gig is Aug 9th. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Torrente Cro, ak56 and 2boom like this.
  2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Good luck and congrats on the gig!

ak56 and Ampslut like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021