1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Roscoe Century 3005 Custom 34" JJ XQM... is back, again.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonmatthews, Jan 16, 2017.

1. jasonmatthews

jasonmatthews

Jul 10, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    I saw this listing and did some research and saw that this bass has made its rounds through TalkBass over the years... and it's once again up for sale. I'd pick it up myself but I bought 3 basses I didn't need in 2016 so throwing the link out for anybody who might be interested.

Here's the listing: Roscoe Century 3005 J 34" scale Jazz Bass Guitar + custom upgrades extras Purpleheart Maple Ash

This was originally listed at $4200 here: Rocket Music - RoscoeCentury3005JXQMSPHSOLD

Looks like the pickups were swapped out to Delanos and the preamp switched a few times from the Bart preamp, then a Demeter pre, and now an East UK jazz pre. Seems like current setup would sound fantastic.

php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi1209.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc388%2FChrisTromp%2FRoscoe1_zps39f3270e.

Eric Myers and Dr. Cheese like this.
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I believe I owned that one at one point. It was a great bass. Who knows anymore.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Now that is my idea of a Roscoe!

4. Pickups and preamps are like a chicks makeup. They can change with the seasons but what's underneath never does. Those changes wouldn't affect whether it's a quality instrument or not. If it feels good, plays good etc. it is good. And I'm pretty sure this is a very good instrument. Obviously it wasn't the manic bullet for those who have owned it. Many people flip instruments. I wish I could, lol, I haven't figured out how part with any of mine.
    So @scubaduba, I'm curious why you said what you did. Is it a lousy bass or one which just didn't scratch a particular itch for you? Now you don't own it anymore, tell us how you really feel.

5. Eric Myers

Eric Myers

Feb 3, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey guys,
    I'm the one selling the Roscoe this time. Hit me up if you have questions or offers. Thanks!
    Eric Myers

6. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    It was a great bass. Felt great, looked great. I sold it because I'm not really a J Bass guy at heart. I prefer the Roscoe Bart/Bart soapbar config. But I'm sure this would be a killer bass for a J fan. I can't speak for the sound of current electronics though.

7. Got it, makes sense, thanks for that.

8. Eric Myers

Eric Myers

Feb 3, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    This Roscoe bass has a happy new owner in Suffolk, VA. :)

9. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    really kicking myself that I didn't get this when I had the chance, I love my Roscoe but really want something with a 34" scale.

10. jasonmatthews

jasonmatthews

Jul 10, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah I'm kinda kicking myself as well.