1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Sarcastic, Coffee and Technology, Music and Movie Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by armyadarkness, Jun 21, 2018.

1. armyadarkness

armyadarkness Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    This thread is about TECHNICAL (ly) everything... For those who share our rare blend of humor, music knowledge, movie trivia, and technical expertise... and for those who seek it.

We goof off a lot, drink a ton of coffee, and never discuss religion or politics... but when it comes time to get help, you'll never find a more helpful, rapid response, or non-judgmental bunch.

We share a deep love of all things music, especially the bass guitar, and most of us met in the G&L club.

If you're in trouble, if you need help, and if you can find us!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    A little bit more about why I did this...

Sarcasm is accepted, but not required... We tend to get revved up on caffein and let our one liner movie quotes get out of hand a bit... While most of us enjoy it, depend on it, and appreciate the humor to break up the monotony of the day... It can be overbearing at times.

Here, anyone who's had enough can simply tune out, without fear of missing any actual or critical information, and then return whenever they choose.

We're not rude, offensive, or insulting... and neither should you be... unless it's in a very clearly comical "sarcastic" fashion... I'm not encouraging anyone to be rude or disrespectful.

I'm an engineer and I thought that I knew a lot... But over the last few months on Talkbass, I discovered that I had a lot more to learn about the bass, and plenty of other things too. I was impressed by the knowledge and eagerness to help of the other TB members, and although VERY different, we all shared a terrific passion for the bass guitar, music, and humanity.

That mutual interest somehow nullified all of our differences, and we've played together in harmony ever since. They've always helped me, I've always helped them, and it's my goal that everyone on TB gets to share these benefits.

I don't control other people or what they do, but this small group of whacko's have proven themselves to be good humans, who are concerned with their fellow TBers and what they're up to.

Rather than to apply our areas of expertise to specific threads, I wanted it to be an all inclusive place...

So play nice, and ask away... You wanna know what mic Cyndi Lauper used, how many watts Darth Vaders light saber was, Tubes, Solid State, Pots, Bridges, Welding, Graphics, Paint... Someone here knows all about it!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    6r4f0fi.

4. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I'd also like to introduce everyone to the bass named after my exwife. I'll show you a pic after the flames die down

5. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

Speaking of coffee, I named my Warwick "Coffy" after the Pam Grier movie/character:

bdbfdbc5bb679a0ec781ac197004ec00.

(I don't actually have a picture of the bass handy--but it's a bubinga Corvette standard :D)

JMacBass65, baSfo, jefff100 and 24 others like this.
  6. Kriegs

Kriegs Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Bass?

TinIndian and JeffC23 like this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    This thread is going straight to ludicrous speed!!!
    Spaceballs-ludicrous-speed-o.

JMacBass65, baSfo, pjbassist and 14 others like this.
  8. Kriegs

Kriegs Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Sh!t, we're going PLAID!
    lrqC5as.

JMacBass65, baSfo, japhy4529 and 16 others like this.
  9. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    I'm sarcastic and own 3 G&Ls-is this the place for me? Oh, and just had my 3rd cup of coffee.

wmmj, TonyP-, soulman969 and 3 others like this.
  10. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I was hoping I would get the follow-up. Thank you for delivering. :thumbsup:

11. Kriegs

Kriegs Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Back in a bit.. I have to go explain to people that make lots more money than me why we shouldn't launch this product next Tuesday... because it doesn't work.

JMacBass65, wmmj, TinIndian and 8 others like this.
  12. Kriegs

Kriegs Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Welcome. Please check your brain at the door.

13. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    2 likes!

farshore likes this.
  14. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Seriously? What size hat do you wear so we can have your crown made? Hit us with some G&L pics if you got em!

NG51 likes this.
  15. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    If you watch a movie by the end of the day you will be promoted to thread ninja..... with the permission of @armyadarkness of course.

Wisebass, Spidey2112 and NG51 like this.
  16. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Bro! Welcome aboard... We needed a place to stick our sarcastic, but very informative humor and specifications! Not to mention Tennessee Whiskey and Wendy O'Williams pictures... With appropriate warnings of course!

17. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    Cool! If I watch a movie I can blow off work!

18. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    BJSC9RvCIAAAxPr.
    Lol....The TRIFECTA!

Helix, Pbassmanca, Spidey2112 and 6 others like this.
  19. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Work! Oh yeah... I forgot all about that!

20. Kriegs

Kriegs Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    I like this guy already!!!

TinIndian, mobdirt and armyadarkness like this.