1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Sarcastic, Coffee and Technology, Music and Movie Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by armyadarkness, Jun 21, 2018.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I seriously doubt they will discontinue the AV look. It's a major part of their history that people want. However, without a doubt the CL stuff sells much better because it's cheaper. And I do believe you can get a 410av, and according to Dino the Ampeg Guy, you can still at least get AV grills for those cabs if you can't find them as full-on AV. But everything is in flux now, so if there aren't any 410av's available now, we'll have to wait and see if and when Yamaha puts them back in production.

2. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Have you heard if Yamaha is moving production? I wouldn't think they would but you never know anymore.

armyadarkness likes this.
  3. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Kind of a double edged sword with Yamaha's acquiring Ampeg. Very interested to see what they do with such an iconic line.

Spidey2112 and armyadarkness like this.
  4. I suppose it was destiny for this thread to be defined by the worst is has to offer.

Kriegs likes this.
  5. armyadarkness

armyadarkness Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I don't see any a 410 AV on the Peg site, but if you google it, the HLF comes up... The site lists a 112, a 212, and surprisingly an 810 AV.

I'm really enjoying this rig... It's not lacking in any way, and although I haven't plugged in my second 212 yet, I'd like to put a 410 AV on my radar, if one exists.

In any event, regardless of what happens now, I have my blue and silver stack, so I'm happy!!!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  6. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Just accept the fact that that tune rocks! Make sure to burn a copy for the lake!

7. Kriegs

Kriegs I like things with strings Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Ampeg 410-AV
    Disconnect Tweeter on Ampeg 410HE / AV?

They definitely exist :thumbsup: The tough part is finding one for sale :sour: I'll keep my eyes open in my search for some other Ampeg pieces that I'm hunting down :)

Spidey2112 and armyadarkness like this.
  8. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    He's going to the lake to escape that song!
    1RXbZwp_700wa_0.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well I'm sure they'll use their own facilities to build it, but I haven't heard a thing about where and when. The whole thing is still very much in flux and they've just recently got the key people they wanted from LOUD like Dino and Hodgy actually employed by Yamaha now. I have no doubt this is going to be a very good thing once they roll out. I think being part of a company that specializes and focuses a lot more on PA gear was more of a double edged sword. Yamaha seemingly has this ability to focus on everything they make and do it well with very little shortchanging of lesser performing departments.

Well if worse comes to worst, you can get an AV grill for a 410he and the nubbier CL tolex won't be much of an issue.

fcleff likes this.
  10. fcleff

fcleff

Apr 22, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Over the last 5-7 years I have considered an Ampeg rig. For whatever reason, things have always kind of gotten in the way: employment/financial challenges, focus on teaching rather than gigging, downsizing, etc. Over the last year I've been seriously looking but some gut feeling kept me from pulling the trigger. And I'm still largely happy with my 11-year-old Ashdown rig. But when I heard that Yamaha had purchased Ampeg my gut started to say, "Now might be the time." So I'm watching this and looking forward to seeing their production hit the shelves.

Spidey2112 and JimmyM like this.
  11. Oh I'll burn it alright!

Sorry, @JimmyM, if @armyadarkness didn't warn you about where he was bringing you. But thank you for your contribution :)

Spidey2112, armyadarkness and Kriegs like this.
  12. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    upload_2018-7-11_15-11-56.

13. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    'long as I don't have to kiss my sister...

14. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    No, but you might have to kiss @armyadarkness o_O

15. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    All things being equal ...

16. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Agreed... Yamaha was the first company out there, over 10 years ago, that I'd by Chinese stuff from without any hesitation at all. No disrespect meant to the Chinese, but at a time when quality and reliability always seemed to suffer Yamaha's did not...

That's what I'm seeing too... If I adore the two 212's tonight, then I won't give it a second thought, but I was curious since I'm enjoying the line so much, and if it exists, I will get one just to have it.

17. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Ha. Show's what you know, he already knew I was nuts.

bonin in the boneyard likes this.
  18. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    PM0QORL_700wa_0.

19. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    You all could do a lot worse!

Kriegs likes this.
  20. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Yeah...

just like that.

I remember college (or maybe I don't).

Spidey2112 and Kriegs like this.