The Schecter Bass Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Dec 26, 2005.

1. I just have a quick question.

Do all Schecter basses come with stock Emg's?

2. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
    It's a Deluxe model, Deluxe 4 or Deluxe 5!

3. no, some of the cheaper ones come with schecter pickups, though most of them do come with EMGHZ pickups.

4. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Schecter Omen 4 string- alright beginner bass, probably would rather have something more like an ibanez for the price since it's pretty limited in the tone department.

Schecter 004- What can I say about it, it's sick. I prefer it greatly to EMG equipped schecters IE stilletto :p

Have yet to try the CV4.

5. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    wow...that's reeeeeeeaaaallly nice!

6. damn! I thought I had decided to get a spector legend custom5 o the C-5, but now I'm not sure which one I want!!

the spector will be easier to get though (here in AUST)

EDIT: also, whats the "schecterback" neck?

7. oqh92

oqh92

Sep 11, 2008
    Anyone has a Damien-4 or a Hellraiser-4??

im considering to get one.. i need advices... dun noe which to choose..

8. hi,

i have an ultra bass that's covered in stickers:)

however, i'm less and less satisfied with its tone, it's way too dark and not punchy enough. it has the stock emg-hz pickups, thinking of replacing them with real emgs...have any of you guys done this in this particular bass? how significant was the improvement?

9. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    dumb question.....but how much have you worked with your eq?

10. The EMGhz really don't have an punch to them at all, I haven't swapped mine out, but I would still recommend doing it.... If you are going to do that though, think about swapping the preamp too, because that is equally unimpressive. Swapping both out would make for a KILLER bass

11. Agreed. I put a EMGDC and EMGCS in my Stiletto Studio-6.
    I added a Aguilar OBP-3 at the same time, and I'm sooo glad I did.

I'm 100% happy with my sixer now!

12. thx for the replies guys, this is what i've been thinking as well...though i've also been gassing for a pbass lately (never had one), and for the price of the new pickups+pre, i could get a nice used precision...nevertheless its nice to hear that it's just the electronics that suck, not the whole bass.

(and yeah, i've tried working with eqs and pretty much everything else, as i'm pretty attached to my bass and try to make the most of it...)

13. So heres a random question: does anybody have any experience with defretting a schecter?? I am contemplating doing this with my C-4...

14. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

I should have said "headstock" rather than neck. Edited my post above.

The Schecter 004 Series kind of resembles a Rickenbacker and introduced a new Schecter bass headstock style. So people here started calling it the Schecterbacker.

So... my CV-5 has a Schecterbacker style headstock. The current C-5's have kind of that shape, but not the extra two-tone or swoops on them.

15. Attached Files:

16. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    I've had a studio 4 fretless for the past few months now. i traded a guy my hamer ch12 for it. frankly getting a hamer 12 was a bad judgement call on my part (damn you pj's jeremy) so couldnt get rid of it fast enough.

my schec is ok i suppose...its my first fretless and i like it but...i'm spoiled by my stingray...it just sounds kinda meh...

i suppose cos it cost me nothing i dont have any real love for it. if i'm gonna get a geddy jazz it'll be the first to go.

2582264130_952b9771cf_b.jpg

mac22 likes this.
  17. I just posted a pic...can I have a number?

18. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    GA
    Here's mine:

SchecterFretted.jpg

mac22 likes this.
  19. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
  20. Let me tell you my Schecter story: a local store lost the schecter line and had had my (soon to be) C-5 hanging on the wall for over a year. Many had played and appreciated it, but no one had bought it. I walked in one day to do some window shopping and started talking to the owner. Long story short, he told me he was looking for a good home for the bass and quoted me $459 if I wanted the guitar. Along came my stimulus check and the rest is history.

I love this guitar, it is my first 5 string so the particular foibles it has (narrow neck, etc.) will never phase me, because I don't know any better.

At this point I mostly play rock when I sub for the usual bass player in my church band (I was the steady player for a year prior to him joining.) So at this point the tone works great for me. I am concerned that as I branch out to other styles the tone variations will be too narrow with the HZ pickups. Anyways, does anyone have advice on the best three-band and pick-up combination for the most variety of tone.

I like what I read about the Seymour Duncan STC-3M4 3-Band combined with the Seymour Duncan ASB2-5 5-string Phase II Active Soapbar Pickups, but am not sure whether the passive basslines or the active would be better. honestly, reading up on all these does not tell me what the best combo for this guitar would be.
    any advice?

thanks,
    btw this is my first post.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021