The Schecter Bass Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Dec 26, 2005.

1. vicvon

vicvon

Dec 13, 2008
    Picked up the 004 the other day at Guitar center. They are on sale for $449.00 till 1/31/09. This is an awsome price for an awsome bass.

2. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    you guys are killing me with all these beautiful schecters. I'm jonesing for one... but there is a problem. I know what I WANT... but can't find one I can afford. I played a cv-4 about 3 years ago, and totally fell in love with it, should have got it then, but didn't. you all know how that goes... anyway, I want a cv-4 in black cherry. I'm not going to be able to try before I buy... its either going to be an ebay, music go round, or TB classifieds deal (the last one being the least likely). so without getting to play a different model... are the c-4 or hellraiser4 at all comparable to the cv-4 in feel and sound? or are they too different to compare?

3. I have a C-5 ( if you haven't read my previous post) and wonder what you other schecter players think of having a pot for each pick-up rather than a selector switch. Does anyone have pros or cons they can give me on this. I am thinking I would much rather have a selector switch and a VOLUME knob, than the current setup.

4. I have been lookin to get a Schecter too, but I have bit of a dilemma. I know I want a six string but am torn between the Studio and the Custom. Right now I don"t really want to shell out 800 dollars if I can get something similar for 600. Do the differences (such as neck-through versus bolt on, three versus two band eq and bridge types) really make the Studio worth it?

5. Tropic

Tropic

May 19, 2009
    Woodbridge, Va
    I would say the Studio, it's the better one of the two. I know where you can get it for at least $650 (probably cheaper) online but you should go into a store and try it first.

6. I have a Stiletto Studio 5. I love it but as many have said the string spacings are too tight.
    I also have a Devil Tribal four string with a bit of a smashed headstock :blush:

7. Is there a way I can determine the manufacture date by the serial number on my Stiletto Studio-5?

8. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    If it's made by Cor-Tek, you usually can. I'm not sure offhand, but manufacturing info is usually in the first three letters & digits, though it varies from "brand" to brand.

9. The first 2 numbers of the serial number will be the year of manufacture.

TD

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Here is my Schecter Model T

ko.jpg

mac22 and EdBo like this.
  11. Much obliged, TD!:)

12. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Somewhere
    Hi guise, I gots no Schecters on me but you bet I be getting one, rly GASin' for un ov those :bag:

13. Marco Frossard

Marco Frossard

Dec 15, 2018
    Hi. Im interested in this bass. Could you guys, please, help me with info with this Schecter bass?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

14. cyber7unk

cyber7unk

May 8, 2021
    Shecter install shaller tuner or this is mod ?

Attached Files:

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021