Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Secret of Radiohead's Music Video "Just"???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jun 27, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

my bud let me have his copy of "7 Commercials", which is a DVD showcasing 7 of Radiohead's music videos. anywho, i remember seeing the video for "Just" in college, and yet to this day, i still havent found out what the man said to freak everyone out?

for those who need a little mental jogging, it starts with a guy laying down on the sidewalk, and after another dood trips over him, people keep asking the man on the pavement why he's there, but refuses tell people saying its sooo horrible, he wouldnt dare tell him. course, to make matters more freakie, its all told in subtitles. well, he does tell them, tho, sans subtitles, and next thing you know it, they're all on the pavement.

course, i'm bad at reading lips. :rolleyes: anyone wanna enlighten me?

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No body knows. Really, no body but the band members. That is my favorite video though.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    It was just a gimmick to create fuzz about it... and it worked great (this thread is an example)

oh, and:

[​IMG]

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I hear that they used the same line in Lost In Translation, when Bill Murray whispers into the ear of that chick he met in Japan. Great line; great movie.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Do you make that smilie thing just for this thread?

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    !!! What a wonderful smilie.

7. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    He says "Truth is people, this was all just an idiotic plot to get you to waste your time and now that you know this you'll probably want to lie on the floor as well."

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Awesome dude...just awesome. :D

9. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    it reminds me of the monty python sketch, with the joke joke that kills everyone. anyone else remember that?

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ya thats ****in hilarious

11. he actually says something that starts with:

"the ingredients in twinkie's are....."

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thank you Dave.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I love that video. I downloaded it and watch it every now and then. Its one of the only Radiohead songs I really like.

13. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Awesome!