1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Shark Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, May 30, 2007.

1. I don't feel right hijacking Poop-Loops thread anymore, so let's talk Sharks!

As long as you're not in the middle of juveniles during mating season the "healthy eco-system justification" stands in my book. But sharks, like most life forms, are still curious about what goes on in their home, and can be unpredictable and aggressive on a bad day just like us. So I just avoid their home except when fishing from the shore, then maybe I'll go just up to my knees to cast out to the tailor before stepping back methodically :)

Check out this human, dolphin, shark interaction in the Bahamas. I love it, scares the crap outta me since it looks like the shark has a young-un in tow, as well as the remora that follow tigers. To me, it's teaching that pup a healthy curiosity towards humans...until it gets the hurry along order by the dolphin. Yeah, dumb animals :rollno:

Check it out:

Any french people are free to post a translation (I presume it's French anyway, it sure looks it to me). Either way I know what they are saying just not HOW they are saying it :)

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Get ready for it...

:ninja:

[​IMG]

Are you sure you're ready????? :confused:

[​IMG]

:D

3. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I can't look! And yet I HAVE to look! And yet I don't WANT to look! I can't take my eyes away!

Thanks aLOT geez. You are NOT ultra-hip-cool :spit:

4. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    ooh i have many shark pics that ive taken at various aquariums. but i recently put all my pics on my back up hard drive and deleted em from my pc for downloading movies.

but heres one i've on photobucket

DSC01631.gif

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Those fingers look infected to me. You should get that checked out by your local marine dermatologist.

6. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The fin makes good soup. Too bad it don't grow back after I throw the critter back to the sea.

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Did you look? Did you cringe? Did you laugh? Did you tear up just a little bit?????

My work here is done.

And, my Ultra-hip Coolness remains (I hope :ninja: ) intact.

:smug: :p :D

8. Haha nice one :)

Had fillets, but never tried fin soup. What does a Great Whites taste like?

And yeah, those rat-like 4-7 foot pests that aggressively frenzy at anything moving or bleeding you can pull out all you want, makes no difference to me. It's the huge ones that live for decades plus I like and think should be left well alone.

And at least by tossing them back you're feeding the rest of them so everyone wins.

I don't even get WHAT the blisters are supposed to be! Reminds me more of that mouth thing they try to throw Han, Chewie and Luke into during Return of the Jedi than anything shark related.

9. I think they're protected - so good luck on that one......
    I've tried ordinary reef shark (fillets fresh off the hook) - not bad at all - better than a fair amount of fish varieties i reckon.

10. I got bit by a shark, it was already in the boat. My buddy is such an azzzhole. I still have a little scar on my ankle from it. We were doing Jackass stunts 20 years before it became poplular :confused: :meh:

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I won't eat fin soup. It's really cruel. I'm not a political eater but fin soup is just wrong. Same trip in the Maldives, I met a guy from Bejing. He was in Maldives poaching for shark fins. It's illegal in Maldives. The entire country is an underwater wildlife preserve. Commercial fishing is not allowed. This dude informed me that he had no interest in the rest of the shark. He would just take it's fins and then toss the rest back into the ocean. Such a waste. The shark essentially was still alive, but helpless. I heard some of the locals ate them, but they didn't really like them that much. This guy was dealing in a lot more than the occasional shark caught of the side of the boat.

I don't know. It just bums me out that all. Carry on.

12. Given my original post do you think I don't know that? And don't speak to me again until you rid your signature of that disgusting AFL club reference. :D :D

Still, could be worse, it could be for those whiney wharf women - you know that Purple Green and White are the colours for some Womans day we celebrate??

I've heard fresh fillets are quite good I usually got mine through fish n chip places, so it was probably Hake :)

?. More info needed there!! Breed. Size. Length of fight. Oh, and no pic, no shark bite ;)

13. Just a small sand shark. Length of fight was about a fraction of a second. I'll try to take a pic but it didn't require stitches. Just a flesh wound :p My buddy slid it across the deck, mouth first and it clamped on my ankle. Perfect shot!! Very FUGGIN funny :rolleyes: :D

14. I believe you mate, just stirring. Is it true what they say, you didn't really feel it as such. The thought of having a 2 tonne fish smash into me, rip me almost half, and me say "I didn't feel much" always intrigued me :) :)

15. Hey I finally found that Dr. Ritter bull shark video I've recommended to people. It doesn't show all of it, but you get the idea :)

Closest ever video of an attack apparantly.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021