Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Shine Online Redesigned!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by yawnsie, Jul 29, 2002.

1. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Try saying that after six pints of Stella... :eek:

Our website, which I've been bothering you all with for months now, has been totally remade. We've had mixed comments about it so far, and we'd appreciate hearing what you good people think of it. It's at:

www.the-shine.net

As well as that, it has come to our attention that the biography on the front page is pants. So, I've cobbled together this quick introduction which may replace it. Please, let me know honestly, how obnoxious is it? I've got a horrible feeling it's the sort of thing that would make people want to punch me.

Welcome to The Shine's webpage.

In case you hadn't noticed, we're a band. While we won't pretend that we don't want the gold records, the worldwide fame, or the groupies, it's not the be all and end all for us. All we really want to do is lift ourselves above the **** that clogs up our world, and let our voices be heard. That's all anyone can do.

The contents of the next few pages will help you to decide whether or not you're with us. If you like what you see and hear, great. Get your arse down to our gigs and support us.

If you hate us, fair enough. Enjoy your Coldplay albums.

If you're indifferent to us, that's fine too. It must be hard to have to wait for the NME to tell you whether you should like a band or not.

What's it going to be?

Thanks in advance for any comments or thoughts.

Oh, and I know that this is about the third Shine thread I've started recently. If you think I'm becoming a pain in the arse mods, tell me and I'll delete them.