1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Show Must Go On

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by strictlybass_ic, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Carrots

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. strictlybass_ic

strictlybass_ic Mediocrity is a journey

Jan 9, 2014
    Northern Indiana
    So last Friday night this happened...

11015102_824528490973044_5742781922874340426_n.

Keen eyed readers will see that my right hand is completely bandaged up and will be amused to learn the nerve block from my surgery that morning hadn't worn off yet (no feeling from the elbow down). I'm not going to say it was my best performance ever, but it went ok all things considered. Hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides only for our short opener set.

It was a last minute step-in to help a friend fill some time. I certainly wouldn't have charged admission to hear my playing, but we got through the set just fine. I also collected some respect points from my guitarist along the way.

Just a very random experience altogether and thought I would share with the group for your collective amusement.

elgecko likes this.
  2. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    You did better with one hand than I do with two!

3. Alba McBass

Alba McBass

Jan 5, 2015
    There's a set of big balls hiding behind that instrument !! Well done !!

4. neuman

neuman

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
    I was more focused on what looks like a mic coming out of the guitarists'so head :woot:

hrodbert696 likes this.
  5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thumb pick?

6. strictlybass_ic

Jan 9, 2014
    Northern Indiana
    Ha, I actually joked with the headliners about taping a pick to my finger and playing. But I couldn't really feel or move my fingers at the time so my right hand was basically a bass stabilizer only. :)

hrodbert696 likes this.
  7. Nicely done. :bassist:
    Is there a video?

8. strictlybass_ic

Jan 9, 2014
    Northern Indiana
    Thankfully no. :p

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  9. Bow tie

Bow tie

Jan 9, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Awesome! I once had to play without using my index finger and thought I was good - put me to shame. (It is too bad it drove you to impale your guitarist with that mic)

10. strictlybass_ic

Jan 9, 2014
    Northern Indiana
    He had it coming. ;)

There's a few words of wisdom from him in the "dumbest things your guitarist has ever said" thread.

Joking aside though he's a good guy and I'm very fortunate to have linked up with him. I enjoy our duo act more and more every time we go out.