Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Simpsons season 5 DVD

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    As much as I hate spending money I decided to spoil myself and bought season 5 of the Simpsons on DVD. I can't get enough of these episodes. I wish they would play these on TV once in a while but they always play the newer episodes. I

I really wish the show would just give it up, the past 4 seasons or so have been AWFUL. I don't think I know many people who even watch the Simpsons anymore. As far as i'm concerned the show pulled a Sienfeld and ended around season 9 or 10.

Anyways anyone else here collect the old school Simpsons DVD's?

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I've got 1-4, need to get 5. I kind of agree on the last handful of seasons, but also, I've kinda stopped watching TV, so I usually just miss the Simpsons entirely.

3. I think I have 1-4 too. :smug:

I need Futurama, I thought that was also good.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the gay marriage and china episodes were pretty damn good, and they were from last season.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I though, "just maybe....he started a thread that won't have whining and complaining in it first post.."

Ah well....shouldn't have expected it I guess. :rolleyes:

Don't like 'em? Don't watch 'em. No need to wish for them to end.

I picked up the Season 6 boxed set when it came out as well (the fifth season on came out months and months ago). Great, as are the other five boxed sets- the commentary is as funny as the shows are.

6. "Teacher says I'm kicking books at a fifth grade level"

7. I watch the new simpsons. They arn't as great, but I'll take them over reality TV any day.

8. +1

I have seasons 1-4, but I've been strapped for cash lately. Next time I get some spare money I'll probably try to buy 5 and 6.

9. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I've quite liked the very latest episodes that have been on over here. There were a few that lost the plot though and wern't really funny at all.. But I'd still pick new family guy over new simpsons.

10. I have 4, want to get 5 through 8. Those 4 years were unstoppable.

Now I just need to be willing to drop the money.

11. simpsons ? what is that ? TV show or something ? :D

12. yea... plots for the simpsons are becoming extremely abstract recently... but its still a great watch :D

The ONLY things I ever watch on TV:
    Simpsons
    Futurama
    Family Guy

It just doesnt get any better than that :cool:

13. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Even though I don't watch the Simpsons on a regular basis, any Simpsons episodes are better than 95% of TV now.

14. I was a fan, and it entertain me less and less!
    I prefer South Park! :D

15. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I too prefer South Park to new Simpsons, but the early years are hard to beat. So many classic episodes. Oh man, now I want to by the DVDs. Thanks a lot you guys.

16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I think the writers had a lot to do with the early era, espically Conan Obrien as producer and head writer. None of the good writers are left.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    which seasons did conan o'brien work through?

18. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm not 100% sure, but I thinks it's within the season 2 - 6 range.

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He only wrote for the fourth and fifth season, and one of his ideas was finished by another writer for season six.

20. one of my favourite episodes from season 5 is ''deep space homer'' :D
    [​IMG]

but they're all great imo