Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Sims

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Got 2 traffic tickets in 2 days equaling $110 combined. Money tossed right out the window. I decided if NYC can just pull money outta me like that - I can pull money outta myself just the same. Made believe I got another $35 ticket and bought myself a gift.

The Sims!

I need some mindless diversion from my terribly unruly mind. Anybody have Sims games, thoughts, experiences? I don't have a clue what this is about - but it looks like fun. Gonna install it right now.

2. What type of sims? Sierra makes loads of games.... sim copter, streets of sim city, sim copter, sim farm, sim safari, sim tower, the sims, the sims delux... etc, im tired now.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I got the sims double deluxe. Comes with Livin Large, House Party, Sims creator and African & Asian themes.

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Prepare to have your sense of time warped.

5. Indeed. Lol.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    sim copter is the shizzle.

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I just created a Joe Nerve that looks pretty damn cool, but I don't know how to get him from the Sims creator into the game.

I want to recreate me and my girl and put us in our dream house with all my friends around to see what's going to happen when I'm filthy rich and famous.
    Think I'll go to bed now and read the directions.

8. Dude, Sims is old.

Sims 2 is the way of the future. :D

I'm an avid simmer, and toward the end of the original Sims era I started making custom objects for it - check them out here:

http://www.geocities.com/stephdawe04/sims.html

Have fun simming - but be careful, it's really addictive.