The Skinny on the Big Block P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonb9, Aug 17, 2005.

1. jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    I just decided to get one of these... For any of you who have questions I'll be happy to answer anything I can. I havent pluged it in yet tonight I will. the body is solid and heavey feels like a nice piece of wood. the neck with the block inlays is very cool although I will be selling it if anyone is interested--I'm going to replace it with a tele bass neck--so if theres any trades please let me know. Only reason is I'm going for more of a p bass feel not jazz. Anywho, let me know your questions and hopefully I can give you some decent feedback.
  2. Where is the thing made?

How is the sound comparable to let's say... a 'Ray and a MIA Precision?

Does the active eq boost or cut more?
  3. Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    How much for the neck? Please PM me. I'm interested (depending on price of course).

4. jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    Hi Guys well the bass sounds nothing like a stingray. the neck is inbetween p and j more on the p side. the preamp is garbage. the high end is hi fi glassy, and the bass itself is a bit dirty. Of course this is my opinion.... you can get a few good sounds, but nothing a ray couldnt do better. I would suggest this bass to someone who likes a nasty tone for rock. again it's my opinion so take it for what it is - was expecting a mm vibe. ----I'm returning it.
  5. Hi-fi glassy?

Like Fieldy? Oh, no, now everyone is going to want one! :)
  6. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    According to Fender's website, the model number is 0138100. If I'm not mistaken, any model number that starts with "013" is made in Mexico. I believe "025" is Japan. I think "019" is US. I could be wrong, though.