Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Slapstrap Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jonki, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    hiya

i recieved my slapstrap today, that is the most comfortable strap i ever have used! recieved a CD too, called Bassline Music, for no extra charge,great stuff to listen to. Gerald Reese is great! his service is extremely good!

what do you other guys think?

thanks
    Jonki

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I bought two some months ago, and I wholeheartedly agree, I tried a Comfortstrapp some weeks ago and it was bunk in comparison - at double the price!

3. Where can you find that on the web? Curious. Got a really heavy Smith 6 string could use a better strap for....

Randy

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    www.slapring.de

and the nice chick doesnt come with the strap :-/
    heeh, but you cant go wrong with the slapstrap! its freeshipping too :D

5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I don't have the strap, but I do have the Slapring. He provides amazing service (and sent me the CD, too). I don't know how I feel about the Slapring, really. It's a cool sound -- he's great with it -- kinda dangerous to the bottom edge of your fingerboard it seems to me.

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I love mine. They are easily the most comfortable straps I own.

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I just got my 3.9" SlapStrap today too and I quite like it. It's softer and more comfortable than this 3" Kepur strap I've been using. The Kepur is nice, but even at the shortest setting, it's too long for me. I've shortened it some more, but it's still a mite long. The SlapStrap's length is perfect.

My bass now sits an inch higher than before, but that one little inch makes a world of difference. And the 3.9" width of the strap (as opposed to 3 on my old one) feels nice. As said before, the material's softer too.

Part of me is a tad leery about the velcro holding the SlapStrap pieces together, but velcro technology has come a long way since the velcro sneakers I wore 20-21 years ago.

8. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I think I have had the SlapStraps for a year now and they have held up very well. No need to worry :)

9. The Apollo spacecraft was held together with velcro, latest generation velcro is even more secure now.

Randy

10. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the reassurement. As I said, I love my SlapStrap. So comfortable.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    OK, after coming home tonight from my gig with a sore shoulder and suffering some numbness in my fingers, I read this thread and ordered a Slapstrap. Hope I like it. If not, I'm going to come looking for you guys ;)

12. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    You could always send it to me :D

13. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    I think I have 4 slapstraps. I have the comfort strapp as well. I prefer the slap strap to wear though I find the strap end to the top horn rather wide...