The Solo Album... Kind Of

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Nov 19, 2005.

1. hey all,

for everyone who wanted to hear the solo album I was working on earlier this year, I have released a version of the album for sale. if you've ever been to my merch page at Cafe Press, you're familiar with my stuff.

this material was actually recorded in a studio and had a Grammy award winning at the soundboard. unfortunately the mastering studio was destroyed by the flooding after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, so the tunes on this CD are my pre-masters which were also slightly damaged by the waters that settled over New Orleans.

that said, you can hear short samples of each tune and purchase the whole disc here:

please enjoy and let me know what you think!

stay well and keep it deep,

2. cool songs!
    even though you say they are pre-masters, they still sound pretty cool to me!
  3. thanks, man!

over the coming months, as I rebuild my collection, I'm going to start work on a new album. new basses, new compositions, and possible guest performers!

from the temporarily silent lows,

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I've heard the whole disc, it's worth picking it up. Stew is an amazing player.

My 2 favorite tunes are:
    "Some Kind of Link, Us" (love the fretless tone on that one)
    "Beautiful Badass" (It's, well, badass! :p )

I look forward to hearing more solo bass from you in the future. You have new experiences to translate into music, and soon to be new basses to help you with those expressions.

Please keep me on the list again once things are getting down to the wire of release. I'd be honored (again) to write another review.

Any hints on possible duets?

Best of luck my friend. :)

First review....
  5. you know, to me, (maybe its just the speakers) but when you go into the higher registers, it almost sounds like a rhodes piano...thats cool!
    good tone!
  6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    OK, these are going on the Christmas list for sure, and if Santa doesn't bring them, well someone always drops some cash in my direction so they will be purchased soon after. :hyper:
  7. thanks, guys! I really appreciate the positivity!

taking off in the AM for California, but I should be back online next week. stay well in the meantime!