Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the sound of wood

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    just wanted to give warwick a little praise....

rarely ever use my corvette any more as i've become a die-hard MM player, but took it to rehearsal last nite and couldn't help but to think, DAMN!!!!! NOTHING SOUNDS LIKE THIS THING!!!!!!! me and our drummer got there early so i got to really fiddle with my sound while we jammed, and that bass definitely has a growl, a depth, a super mean, deep, dark, gritty sound to it that's hard to describe - and one that i've never heard on another bass.

what i've learned about my warwick... it can sing and sound deeper, gnarlier and/or sweeter and softer than any other bass i've ever owned - i just don't have the dicipline in my playing to make it work for me all the time. when my adrenaline is pumping i start ripping on the strings and that can cause a lot of clacking and other not so nice noises. if played with a lot of finess and right hand control though - damn!

why i use my MM all the time. weighs about 50 lbs less than the warwick, cuts through the mix like no other bass, and when I dig in it does truly wonderful things.

hmmm... now who was i really praising here :eek: .

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    warwick basses to me sound good.

my personal tone is from a P bass, but i am always amazed by the warwick sound of wood.

ditto!

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I dig the Warwick sound, that's why I have it in my collection along with the Fender sound, the Modulus sound, etc. :)