the sound of wood

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    just wanted to give warwick a little praise....

rarely ever use my corvette any more as i've become a die-hard MM player, but took it to rehearsal last nite and couldn't help but to think, DAMN!!!!! NOTHING SOUNDS LIKE THIS THING!!!!!!! me and our drummer got there early so i got to really fiddle with my sound while we jammed, and that bass definitely has a growl, a depth, a super mean, deep, dark, gritty sound to it that's hard to describe - and one that i've never heard on another bass.

what i've learned about my warwick... it can sing and sound deeper, gnarlier and/or sweeter and softer than any other bass i've ever owned - i just don't have the dicipline in my playing to make it work for me all the time. when my adrenaline is pumping i start ripping on the strings and that can cause a lot of clacking and other not so nice noises. if played with a lot of finess and right hand control though - damn!

why i use my MM all the time. weighs about 50 lbs less than the warwick, cuts through the mix like no other bass, and when I dig in it does truly wonderful things.

hmmm... now who was i really praising here :eek: .
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    warwick basses to me sound good.

my personal tone is from a P bass, but i am always amazed by the warwick sound of wood.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I dig the Warwick sound, that's why I have it in my collection along with the Fender sound, the Modulus sound, etc. :)