The Sound on my computer got really wierd. Help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Oct 30, 2005.

1. All the sudden I notice the sound on my computer has changed. Like parts of guitar and drums and different things like that that used to sound fine are either really low or almost inaudible. It's NOT my ears or anything, it's definately the computer. Anyone know what happened?
  2. Open volume control from either control panel or from the taskbar at the bottom right and make sure master volume and wave volume are at the appropriate levels.
  3. I havent changed them since I got the computer pretty much.
  4. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    If you have a program called Soundman.exe, you might have accidentaly started some kind of environmental audio crap. It's happened to me a couple of times. It usually has an icon in the taskbar which looks like a small yellow circles with yellow waves on the left and right, on a blue square.
  5. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I'm pretty sure you would have just knocked the balance control, either in the windows settings or in the player that you use. So the channel with drums/guitar might be a lot quieter than the vocals channel. Check both to check that the balance is in the centre.

If balance is right then you need to turn up the mid frequencies in the equaliser to hear those more clearly. But I think it's more likely to be the balance problem.
  6. I checked Windows Volume contol and all balances are in the middle, I use Ares yo download and play music, anyone know how to check that?

Oh and Phil and i haven't seen any wierdo icons lately, but I'll keep my eye out.