Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Soundgear Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THE DANiMAL, Oct 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    No one's done it yet, So I'm gonna start it. Let's see 'em!

SR905
    [​IMG]

SR1015
    [​IMG]

SR3005
    [​IMG]

2. Most Soundgear users are members of the Ibanez club.

But I guess if other brands can have clubs for individual models, why not Ibanez?

I'm saving up for an SR505 right now. Used to own a 405, so I'm in between Soundgears right now. ;)

3. Register_To_Disable

4. I don't use it much any more, but I'll contribute with my '02 SR800. It's super light with the typical super fast SR neck. Can't bring myself to sell it as she is nice to play, although was never too happy with the electronics.

[​IMG]

5. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    KingRazor, I'm in the Ibanez club as well, but I've noticed a BTB and an ATK club on here as well. Why not show some love for the SRs? I used to have a 505. Great basses. I prefer the old wenge necks though. Those things felt great. Just like my 1015.

Down_Low, very nice, I'm kind of the same way with my 885. I've been forcing myself to play it lately because it is such an awesome bass. I've often thought of trading it, but I can never bring myself to do it.

6. Well, in that case, as soon as I have my SR505, toss me a number (if you plan on handing out numbers)

7. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    If we start getting people in, yeah, I'll most likely do numbers. I know there are a lot of guys on here with soundgear basses so we'll see what happens.

8. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    Also, what are you looking at? A 505BM or 505PB?

9. Just plain old 505, aka 505BM.

Getting one off of GC's used gear site, most likely.

I think I want an early 2000s model, since the pickups are closer to the bridge, making the neck pickup right about in the "p" position, which will hopefully help me get closer to the tone I'm after.

10. jk47

jk47

Sep 2, 2011
    Ibanez makes other basses besides SoundGears???

Just Kidding....I'd post a pic of my SR1000 but I don't want to upset KingRazor any more then I have :D

I'm just glad he didn't see it on ebay when I did or we would have had an epic bidding war....

11. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    KingRazor, my old 505 was a 2004. It had great tone, very versatile.

Jk47, post a pic! I wanna see it!

12. Browsing the catalogs:

In 2001-2002 the 505 was the SR485BM, and it had Ibanez DX pickups.

In 2003 it was the SR495BM, with a wenge/walnut neck.

In 2004 it started being called the SR505BM, with a wenge/bubinga neck and bart pups.

And in 2008 is when the pickups were both moved more towards the neck, and instead of wenge/bubinga, they used jatoba/bubinga.

So I'm looking for a 2004, 2005, 2006 or 2007 model.

13. jk47

jk47

Sep 2, 2011
    I need to get some better pic's but this one isn't bad...

Attached Files:

14. You have my favorite bass ever.

Still wish I could find one.

15. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    Oh yeah, that's pretty.

16. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Well, I've probably owned close to ten of them, and still have one - an sr905 - so I suppose I oughta be in:

[​IMG]

FWIW, they we all good instruments, and I don't think I ever lost money on any of them... Buying used Ibanez sr Series basses is usually a pretty safe bet, IME...

- georgestrings

17. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    BTW, nice basses, OP - out of all the ones I've owned, the sr905 has made the most compelling case to stay around...

- georgestrings

18. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    Hey, thanks! Yeah, my 905 is definitely my favorite. I've had quite a few SRs, but these three are definitely my keepers. They all have some personal history behind them. I'm actually having major GAS for a MIJ 4 string, I just need to find the right one.

Btw, beautiful 905. I love the NT 900s & 905s. Amazing basses.

19. I look forward to the day when I can afford to have had several basses.

20. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    It gets to be an expensive habit. I just picked up a guitar last week, so that's cut into my bass budget a bit. I guess that's a good thing though, the wife really doesn't want another bass taking up closet space.

21. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I don't have a Soundgear right now, but I've had several 800's in the past:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still on the lookout for a red one.

Scatabrain likes this.