Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'the squid' strap shoulderpad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andysvec, Mar 25, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    Anyone tried one of these items from planetwaves? I saw a review a few months ago in bassplayer, I don't remember them really going either way on it. I've been having some shoulder pain lately, partly from getting old and partly from gigging more nights a week than I'm used to. I bought a comfortstrap but it isn't helping much. Just curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with 'the squid' shoulderpad.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=42/g=bass/search/detail/base_id/112657

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Ive never heard oof "The Squid" but I have a strap I just bought made by planet wave and its like 4 inches wide and its really thickly paded very very comfy but sadly it doesnt go highe enough for me, cuz I wear my bass high.

3. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I use a wide, padded strap. no way I could go back to a regular, nylon one now.

4. I recently bought the most monsterous strap I have ever seen....it's a Levys and it's like 4 inches wide, with a padded lether shoudler pad. Pricey though.

5. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    looks like a good design

notice the "feet" where the strap rests on your shoulder?

this would theoretically spread the downward pressure from [the usual] one place to many places ergo less pressure in one spot.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I tried it. It's ok, but nothing special. I think it hurts that you have to use a small strap (no more than 2 inches wide) with itl

7. i just bought the same strap a cpl of weeks ago. genuine leather IS COSTLY.... it was $100 AUD. the fender ones are about the same, maybe a bit cheaper

Peace
    Chips :bassist:

8. I've got a Neotech 'super axe strap' (I think that's it). the shoulder pad is made out of neoprene which makes it easier on your shoulder