'the squid' strap shoulderpad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andysvec, Mar 25, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Anyone tried one of these items from planetwaves? I saw a review a few months ago in bassplayer, I don't remember them really going either way on it. I've been having some shoulder pain lately, partly from getting old and partly from gigging more nights a week than I'm used to. I bought a comfortstrap but it isn't helping much. Just curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with 'the squid' shoulderpad.

2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Ive never heard oof "The Squid" but I have a strap I just bought made by planet wave and its like 4 inches wide and its really thickly paded very very comfy but sadly it doesnt go highe enough for me, cuz I wear my bass high.
  3. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I use a wide, padded strap. no way I could go back to a regular, nylon one now.
  4. I recently bought the most monsterous strap I have ever seen....it's a Levys and it's like 4 inches wide, with a padded lether shoudler pad. Pricey though.
  5. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    looks like a good design

notice the "feet" where the strap rests on your shoulder?

this would theoretically spread the downward pressure from [the usual] one place to many places ergo less pressure in one spot.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I tried it. It's ok, but nothing special. I think it hurts that you have to use a small strap (no more than 2 inches wide) with itl
  7. i just bought the same strap a cpl of weeks ago. genuine leather IS COSTLY.... it was $100 AUD. the fender ones are about the same, maybe a bit cheaper

Chips :bassist:
  8. I've got a Neotech 'super axe strap' (I think that's it). the shoulder pad is made out of neoprene which makes it easier on your shoulder