The Squire Has To Go

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ghouldani, Sep 22, 2005.

1. ghouldani

Sep 14, 2005
    I am sick of the constant action adjustments and tuning. I need a new bass. The shops that I live by mainly carry guitars and the basses they do carry are squire, fender, or rouge. The closest shop that carrys basses is over 2 hours away. I don't have time for the travel.

I'm looking for a bass that would suit hard rock/heavy metal and has a fast neck. What am I looking at?
  2. The first two bass manufacturers that come to mind for hard rock/heavy metal are Warwick and Spector. Of course, neither are limited to that type of music, but they do have a cool sound that's well suited for keeping the low end under all the grunge. Listen to Nickelback, for example, to hear what I mean.

3. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Just remember, none of these may actually be to your liking, I've played numerous Warwicks and the neck and I on the bolt on models do not get on well, it's too fat so very uncomfortable. Play before you buy :D.
  4. Ibanez basses are generally safe to buy online and will be relatively inexpensive. I'd take a good look at those. Warwick and Spector are very nice too, but more expensive.
  5. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    I dunno if price is an issue for you or not, but ESP makes some very nice basses that have nice necks.
  6. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Spector is the way to go. Every harder band in the local scene, the bassist plays a spector. I love the bolt on spectors, i hate the neck-throughs, because they felt wrong, due to my learning on a p-squire. You'll have to decide for yourself what you like. If you like the general feel of your squire, a used American fender might be the way to go. I've seen some good deals on geddy lee's and marcus millers on the bay recently.
  7. Get yourself a proper fender - I've got 4 and 2 halves and thay're great, much better than squire

I'd at least check out what the local shop has in the way of proper fenders before you go travelling for 2 hours each way, ya never know - you may be surprised... :cool:
  8. ghouldani

Sep 14, 2005
  9. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    american fender jazz bass

or, one of those esp viper basses. oh yeah.