The stingray i saw at my local guitar shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Jan 29, 2001.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I saw a 90s musicman stingray at my local guitarshop for $750. It sounded great and it was a great bass besides the fact that it looked like it was ran over by a lawnmower. The side of the bass was choped up and the back was well shreded. It looks like some phyco killer started stabbing it with a butcher knife. It was way more severe than belt buckle wear. It almost made me cry to see such a cool bass that was abused and neglected. Someone like me could have adopted it and the poor thing wouldn't have to have such a cruel owner.

On the bright side i saw a cool g&l, a pre-cbs, and a resaphonic Dobro bass (damm, that thing was loud without and amp{i guess that was what they were designed for}).
  2. 750$? Thats a LOT for a 'Ray in that condition! I bought my Sterling NEW from a private party for 750$, Never played! Yeah that was a deal.. check out Ebay, thats what I did ;) (if you want to find some deals.. yeyeyeah I could as well been ripped off totally I know.. But heye I didnt so Im happy!) :)
  3. that bass might have been mine
  4. SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    Hey VLeMW, how was the sound/tone of that Dobro bass? I never had a chance to play one, so got a Tacoma instead...-Santos
  5. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    well, it was resophonic (i will never be able to spell that), that played a roll. It had a different sound then any bass i heard in my life, and it's not like i could compare it to a guitar (you know those screachy chunks of wood) because it is a bass. The shop overcharges for everything, but they have had a "up to 50% of all prices" sale for about 4 months. They are slowly going out of buisiness. They had a 400rb for $400, and that was at lease 5 years old. They had a 250 watt eden head with all knobs missing (the pots were still there) for $500. I saw a couple sitars. Pretty unusual instrument. I wondered how anyone could buy sitar strings.