The Stingray Sound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Davidoc, Dec 4, 2002.

1. DR hi-beam strings gave my Stingray the Stingray Sound. It didn't have it before. Now it does.
  2. Stingray + DR hibeams =

The lovely sound of

Good anger....

3. Ever try Ernie Balls on a Sting Ray? They are the perfect fit for each other. At least that's what I think. It's MM MM good.
  4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well then, I have been hearing a lot about the DR strings, high beams in particular. I am currently using ghs boomers, but they just don't seem to have the same brightness, crisp fresh feeling I remember, back before I stopped playing for a while. I find myself replacing them every couple weeks, I can't stand a numb feeling string. I have also recently tried the elixir polyweb strings, they are kinda dead to my liking too.
  5. I actually have tried EB strings on it, and they give me a nice warm mellowy sound; not the Stingray suond that DR just gave me!
  6. Go for the Fat-beams the next time. Even better than the hi-beams I think! :cool: They're simply fatter, deeper and smoother than the hi-beams. Just like the ad says ;)
  7. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I would say to try the DR Fat Beams or the Sun Beams...I've found the sunbeams to be mellow, yet chrisp just enough to give the Stingray its "bark"... is the place to get em, too!

8. You say the fat-beams are fatter, deeper and smoother? Not what I'm looking for. I want bite. My sound is too mellow as it is with my Carvin 15".

I think I'll stick with steel, of the bright variety. :)
  9. They're stainless steel right? ewwww
  10. Shouldn't they be a perfect fit? Ernie Ball makes both the Stingray and Slinkies.

Like a Fender strings on Fender basses, right?