Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The success of the Barker Bass

Discussion in 'Barker Bass Forum' started by Berriochoa, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Berriochoa

Berriochoa

Nov 1, 2005
    I'm delighted to see the success that Lee and his team are having with this great guitar. Lee and I were in band together in high school and it's fun to see my friends achieve success in their chosen fields. Way to go Lee.

Mike :bassist:

2. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    what's a Barker bass?

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    AFTER LOOKING, i LIKE IT. I'd like to add it to the collection and into the band mix.

4. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, looks like the Atlanta Bass Gallery is a Barker Bass dealer (the only one...) and he has a fretted 4 and a fretless 5 in stock.
    Looks like I'm going to the atlanta bass gallery this weekend.

5. Scwwitt

Scwwitt

Nov 2, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    the success of the Barker Bass I think will take off with time, first off the looks of it kinda throw people off, its something new and different. when people play it itwill be osmething they wont be able to stop playing it, thats how I was when I played it at Bass Quake, its truely incredible. Help spread the success!

6. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I think the Barker Bass will do very well. It's a solid design that has obvious benefits as a crossover instrument. Plus it looks cool.

I wonder what a Barker Bass would sound like with Wendler's MagPi system?

7. Scwwitt

Scwwitt

Nov 2, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    im not familiar with the "Wendler's MagPi " system. can you explain?

8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Dave Wendler of gtrz.com and electrocoustic.com (same website) uses a system of piezo and magnetic pickups to give a more acoustic sound to his instruments. He does retrofits in other instruments, so I don't think he's an IP nazi and wants to keep his MagPi (Magnetic / Piezo) system in his instruments only. Check the MP3 samples on gtrz.com. The bass demo that I thought retained more of an upright character was a demo called "BrianG".

Just a thought...