1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Sundays - Static & Silence

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Nov 16, 2006.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    I've had this album since high school and have always loved it. It came out in the mid to late 90's and is really great. The moods on the album are wonderful. Anyone else dig these guys? Suggestions on similar albums or sounds?

2. Great band, fantastic recordings. Producer Ray Shulman rules.... ;)

3. Man I was in love with Harriet Wheeler for the better part of the early 90s :bassist:

try early Shawn Colvin and Suzanne Vega... with a male singer the first Connells was within the same feel.

4. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO

5. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Mmm...her voice still does it for (to?) me. ;)

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    cool. good to see others appreciate this band and album. thanks for the recommendations, ill check them out.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I remember my wife asking me to put on a happy or energetic CD for her one time. I popped in Static and Silence mainly because of the first track "Summertime." She didn't make it through the whole album- she said "it's got one happy song at the beginning and the rest are all depressing" :D I also like Reading, Writing, and Arithmatic.

9. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. take your protein pills & put your helmet on Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    If you like The Sundays, then you might like these bands too:
    - Innocence Mission
    - Sixpence None the Richer
    - Morcheeba