1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Super Intergalactic 'What if' Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MichaelScott, Apr 3, 2006.

1. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Rules:

Type "What if... *Insert zany bass situation*"

Ready set gooo!!!!

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    What if Claypool HAD become Metallica's bassist after he auditioned?

Woah.

3. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    What if Leo had never sold his company?

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    What if I actually picked up a bass even just 1/2 the time I sign on to here instead.

5. What if Jaco had a tragic fignernail clipping accident, and lost the tip of three fingers?

What if a gigantic meteor was plummeting to earth, and all of the bass players in the world pointed their cabs at it and strummed a low B at exactly the same time and all in tune?

What if there was some massive nuclear accident that caused a genetic mutation that made it impossible for the human ear to hear anything below 1000 hz?

Rock on
    Eric

6. What if Jaco had a tragic fignernail clipping accident, and lost the tip of three fingers?

Tony Iommi pulled it off!

What if.... Talkbass immediately ceased to exist? :(

7. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Cool idea. OK I'll go for the really odd.

What if there was no music recording?

In 1904 John Phillip Sousa (yes, Virginia, the March King) was part of a group that lobbied Congress to outlaw the infant recording industry. That's right, no recording. His line of thinking was that if the industry ever got its act together and started marketing recordings of music, then many musicians would be out of work.

Sousa allowed his band to make records in future years because he saw that as a source of income for his players, but HE did not record with them, Arthur Pryor, his trombonist lead the band in most recordings.

Imagine if every resturant and store, or radio station that wanted music had to hire a live performer(s) for that. We'd all be working... or it would be a very quiet world.

8. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    What if bassists actually got the respect they deserve and a more prominent place in the mix?

(No I'm not frustrated)

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Along those lines, what if there were no broadcast technology?

10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    What if Baritone Sax was the root for most rock and roll instead of bass guitar or upright?

11. What if on every Halloween at midnight (CST), all bass players simultaneously played the 'Theme from the Munsters' out their windows as loud as equipment permitted?

12. I think you're looking for the contrabass sax. No way a baritone could hold down the low end.

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What if South Park was reality and they're watching:

"The boring life of Anthony Valenti"