Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Superbowl.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Feb 5, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    the commercials sucked

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I think it's funny that people who just watched the game also watch the recap.

4. the steelers have some jaw dropping plays

5. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    Oh, crap, that was TODAY? What's the score?

......just kidding..............

6. I dont really care too much about it this year, because there isnt a team in it that I like or dislike a whole lot, since my boys got knocked out a couple weeks ago. :bawl:

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I'd say it was about 50/50.

And I lost 10 bucks thanks to Hasslechoke. @#^%!

I thought the reffing was quite lame as well, and that a couple calls (Pittsburgh's first TD comes to mind) were wrong, but that's just me. I think Seattle would have won it if they could have just held it together, but they kept unraveling towards the end.

And what the hell was Hasslechoke doing right at the end of the second half?! grrr.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thank you Steelers!

-Mike

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I like watching the breakdown of the game from a pro's view. The mention alot of things I may miss.

-Mike

10. bwahahahahahha Hasslebeck couldn't make a pass in the 4th to save his life!Nice interception he threw when they were about to score. C'mon! There was NO ONE in there when he threw that pass, what a IDIOT! I hate to be so critical of a team but hell!He Gave them that ball.

Congrats to the Steelers. Though I think Parker deserved MVP,Hinds Ward is good enough for me.

11. One for the thumb, as they say!

I was really happy to see the Steelers come out in the second half and play well, since they basically got smacked around in the first half. They may have had the lead, but they were getting dominated on the field. And it's great to see Bettis go out on top!

Go Steelers!

12. rdnzl@comcast.n

rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    WA
    The Seahawks let some bad calls get to them. They had poor clock management. The Steelers were fortunate to win. The Seahawks handed them the game on a silvver platter.

Overall, it was an ugly game, not exactly a classic.

Now, we'll see if Alexander is all about the money, or if he wants another try at it next year.....

13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Fixed.

Grrr :spit:

14. I don't know, I thought he played pretty well. Sure, that was a bad pick, but so were both of Ben's. He looked a lot better than Plummer or Manning, to be honest, and it's not like the Steelers defense hasn't made good players look bad at times before.

15. I could care less about either team. Ads were sub-par this year just like last year. The Stones wern't as good as when I saw them in October but they did well. What did you guys think of the halftime show?

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Superbowl was played where the Lions attempt to imitate an NFL team. Maybe they picked up pointers. Steelers coach Bill Cohwer said something like: "winning starts from the top on down". Eh, probably not.

Cool for the Steelers though.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Here we go already. I'll have to listen to this at work and on KJR all week. The Seahawks don't lose, they give games away. Puh-leez!

-Mike

18. rdnzl@comcast.n

rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    WA
    The Stones are an embarassement. They haven't been any good for the last 20 years. Sloppy, out of tune, and although Jagger tries hard, they are boring.

For those who think the commercials are more important than the game, I'm glad they sucked. And sucked they did....big time.

19. I agree about the Stones. Ron Wood , Darryl Jones and keyboard dude could all have better gigs.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool.....we agree on something. :D

I turned the channel after about...oh....8 seconds. It was embrassing.

-Mike