The sweetest bass I've played yet!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Henson, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Yesterday, I stopped off at my local Guitar Center and fooled around with a Music Man Bongo. It was seriously awesome. Usually when you play slap style and stuff the bottom end kind of fades out and gets lost. With this bass the bottom was still loud and the pop rang clear at the same time, unbelievable. I have to have one.
  2. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    You will be assimilated.

Same thing happened to me.

Bongo 5 HH w/piezo on order. Anxiously waiting on the big brown truck.
  3. I've actually thought about selling my project car just so I could pick one up! What's the best place to order them? I don't want to get one from GC and worry about getting stuck with a display or about some idiot messing it up before I get it, and I don't want to risk getting a bum one or it getting shipped and not getting packed right and busting.
  4. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    I got mine from Basscentral.....

....but here's the deal. If an existing dealer doesn't have what you want, you're going to have to order it. An order takes three months. I emailed EBMM, and was informed that no dealer, anywhere, had the bass I wanted (5 string, desert gold, HH with piezo), so I'd have to order one.

The reason I got mine from BC is that they just happened to have one that matched my specs already in the pipeline, so I was able to save several weeks.

Before going for it, I contacted several dealers, and found out that all of them are very close in terms of price (like within 25-50 dollars on a 1500 dollar bass). Therefore, it doesn't matter which dealer you order from. Might as well support your local guy.

Here's one other item: If you go to the EBMM website and use the dealer locator, you can find out what your local dealers have (or at least have ordered from EBMM). Just click on the name of the dealer, and you get a listing.
  5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I think its safe to say that Musicman Basses are probably some of the sweetest playing basses you can get.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like them, but I wish they didn't have such an identifiable sound that is unmistakable when you play it. I like to think that I'm responsible for the sound I'm getting, not the bass. That's why I like Fenders. A thousand different people can play Fenders and sound a thousand different ways. Can't say that about MM basses. Alembics are the same way, too.