The sweetest words: "Out for delivery"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jblaven, Jan 10, 2003.

1. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    My first electric bass will be here in about two hours. :p

Essex SJB-62 QMD

I hope it is as nice as everyone says.:) But for the price, who can complain?:rolleyes:

2. Well, since you've had it for 10mins, get osme pics, right now !!! ;)

How d'ya like 'er? Got a name? :D

3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    well, pics ? you must have it by now...:)
  4. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah, I got a physics class right now...:rolleyes: So I will try and snag the digital camera later on this afternoon.

It is really nice. Perfectly packaged. Not had a chance to play it yet.

More info later.

5. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    A couple of pics....:rolleyes: Sorry camera... plus I am in the office. My Cannon 35mm takes much better pictures.:p
  6. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
  7. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    good job man. I like the red with the film flame top. hope you like it. I had the P bass version until it was run over by a truck.

My MTD has the same white flake pickguard.

congrats !
  8. Very nice - congrats on the first baby.:)

Like the colour, too. Man, they didn't have deals like that when I was a kid. Of course, we didn't have running water either....
  9. Ok I have to hear this story...
  10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i posted it a while back but in the nutshell:

the bass was leaning up against my car in theparking lot of my office. A 24 foot box truck rumles by, the bass falls over and BLAM !

turned it into a three piece modular body.
    I took the hardware off and had a sacrificial burning in my fireplace as we drank a bottle of Bordeaux.

Then, when i went to get another, rondo was out and not getting them back in...
  11. jappy

Nov 22, 2002
    omg, how did that happen? Who leaves their bass in the driveway?

haha, either that or ups screwed up somehow and ran it over :( that would really really stink.
  12. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    no,no, i didn't leave it in the driveway; i leaned it against my car while i opened the back door to put it in the car...
  13. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    Ouch, sorry to hear it.:(
  14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I have the identical bass, same finish and all....mine is a fretless. I also have another SX SJB-62, which I parted out. The reddish one is a fretless, and the other was a fretted neck. Yesterday, I changed out all the fugly gold hardware for chrome, and installed the fretted neck....the chrome looks MUCH better than the gold. I like gold hardware on some basses, but this isn't one of them. I sold off the other body, gold hardware, and electronics.....have have both a fretted, and fretless neck for this bass....I like that idea. I will take a few pics of the bass with the chrome hardware if anyone cares to see the difference. MUCH better IMO.

15. Man! You're old !!! :p

She's a 'lurvly piece of wood, looks great! Hope she gives you lots of good night's play... :rolleyes: :D

16. I used to have the fretless version of that bass in blue. I sold it a couple of months ago. It really sounded good with better pickups.