1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The tale of the 2RU SKB....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vin*tone, May 1, 2009.

1. Just thought I'd share this- it's freakin hilarious...

I've been on the lookout for a 2RU SKB case to house my M-Pulse 360 and was lucky enough to snag one on ebay for a cruisy $53. I noticed at the time that the seller- a reasonably large pawn shop (or something) - had a second one for sale but was using the same photos. 2 weeks pass and I start asking questions, it hasn't appeared. The lady tells me she'll "file a ticket" for assessment or some such rubbish.

Anyway to cut a long story short- 2 weeks of emails back and forth, PayPal claims etc go on and these guys are starting to make Laurel and Hardy look like hard nosed professionals. It's pretty obvious by now that they've sold the same item twice. She finally gets back to me and apologizes saying that they have it and they'll dispatch it immediately.

Well it arrives at the door and first up- it's not 2RU it's 3RU. I'm already pretty disappointed and proceed to check the insides- just to check that the rails are OK etc...

It looked like this (scroll down):

[​IMG]

Yes. The douche bags didn't even bother checking to SEE IF IT WAS EMPTY! :eek:

2. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    If you don't want the EQ, send it to me. otherwise

GRAVY.

3. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    sweet

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    SCORE!!!!!!!!!

And they say there's no such thing as Karma!!!!

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Did it come to you without rack screws?

6. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Suddenly a new 2RU seems so affordable..

7. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    That's how they get rid of hot gear when the heat is on...:ninja:

8. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Devon, UK
    You lucky man.

9. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    That is sweet. Certainly helps with the trouble.

I think I read somewhere where a guy bought a hardshell case at a pawn shop and it had a bass in it when he got home.

10. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Good feedback-sensing EQ for two monitor feeds. Sweet. Short-throw sliders are my only beef.

11. AND...I told them they sent me a 3RU instead of a 2RU and they offered to refund $36 to keep it! or my money back for a return.

I tested it out using the send/return on the mesa and it looks to be a bit fried. I should just check with you guys- the send/return should be the right line level for this yeah? It lights up at startup but then doesn't seem to do much. It arrived with only 2 very loose screws so copped a bit of a beating in transit.

12. Is there a volume drop when using it? If not then I dont see why there would be any problem (just the lights are obviously indicating points with a higher voltage).

Hope you took the $36 they were offering and keep it :)