1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The TB "Snipped" Club (no more babies) aka. The TB Christmas Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Yep, just got snipped today. Sitting here, high on Vicodin and watching Netflix while my nuts are frozen by the cool pack I'm sitting on. I'm still in a little pain but I'm better now than I was when I first came home. The Novocain didn't last very long.

Anyone else get snipped?

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Not me, but I'm seriously thinking about getting this done as well. Everyone I know who's had it done claim that it's a piece of cake all things considered. After 3 kids, I think I need a break!!

Good for you BTW - feel better soon!

3. Yeah, I have 3 kids, all under 5 years old, and my wife and I are both 39. Our last one gave my wife and I a pretty good scare, being 6 weeks early and, according to the doctor, she shouldn't be here and my wife very well could have died as well. So, after all that I decided to take the plunge. It's not too bad but they are a little bit sore at the moment. But hey, Vicodin! :hyper:

4. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    My father in law once said it was no big deal - "like getting your shoes shined."
    I asked where he usually got his shoes shined, because I do not want to go there.

5. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    Yep, we both did, because after 3 surprises we figured we just have that sort of luck.

Listen to the doctor and don't try it out too soon. I have quite a few friends who had their surprises afterward because they didn't do as they were told.

6. Square

Square

Apr 9, 2012
    Fresno
    A guy I worked with had his "grow back" twice... Yep the resulting pregnancy caused a divorce.

I had mine done. No big deal just an excuse to hag out on the couch for a couple of days.

7. Yeah, they can grow back if they're not cauterized back enough. Some doctors cut them a little further apart to prevent that but that makes it harder to ever get it reversed.

8. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I have two kids 4 and 6. Don't want another. Being 35 I am thinking of doing this in the next couple of years. My wife has tried birth control twice, and both times she became a raging hormonal wreck. Mood swings, angry, etc. I told her to stop lol.

9. DO IT! It's really not that bad.

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    PEER PRESSURE. :D

11. Yes, do it- says the father of 2+a *surprise*(wheels were turning before the procedure)... anyway, it was no big thing for me, but I wish I would've done BEFORE the trip to Disneyland. ;)

12. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Gonna have it done sometime soon. I had the pre-visit, and the doc said they put tiny clamps on the tubes so they can't re-attach.

Curious to anyone that's had it done. Any changes in hormones, libido, etc.? Everything I've read claims there is none, but it still makes me wonder....

13. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    My brother had it done and complained about the pain for about 2 weeks afterward. Turns out he had an infection. So he got a bit more couch time than usual.

14. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Been there done that. Have 3 boys and we were done as the last one almost killed my wife. Doesn't change hormone levels. In fact it takes the stress of the "oops" factor out of the way. Very freeing!
    I medicated with tequila and frozen bags of peas for a couple days. Ice heavily...frozen peas work great and the kids would get me a fresh frozen bag every once in a while...a friend of mine didn't ice and ended up in the hospital with purple jewels. Plan ahead to just sit around and ice. Then once youve passed your 2 tests....enjoy!

15. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Had it done about three years ago. Zero effect in those areas for me.

16. My consultation is next week...

17. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Reminds me of this...

18. I'm clipped. When I had mine done I made sure it was the weekend of The Masters, so I got to lay around and watch golf all day.

19. Anyone done "no scalpel"? That's what I'm looking at getting.

20. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Had mine done because my buddy is a lawyer and I hear all his horror stories of custody battles and child support. I have no kids and do not want any. I also do not want an accident! I was starting to get scared of sleeping around, so had it done. No scalpel. I asked the Dr. about icing, he said not to bother. I could if I wanted, but it really doesn't make a difference. No pain pills other than ibuprofen. I was back on the bike in no time. Back at work the next day.

Odd, he was burning the ends, and could smell and see the smoke. Meanwhile, Dr. is asking what I do to stay in shape. I do not want to talk to you while you are burning parts of my testicles. Concentrate!

Orgasms felt a little different the first few times. Nothing else changed. Hot Asian GF loves that I have been snipped! When we talked about birth control and I told her I was snipped, she said, "You always have the right answer!" She did not know there is a universal hand sign for vasectomy.