1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The TBird has landed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bman, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    My Epi TBird got here today:

[​IMG]

My first impressions:

* Damn, did they tie this to the back of the truck and DRAG it all the way from Kansas City? The box was destroyed, and I thought, "I'll be shocked if it's in one piece."
    (And shocked, I was. Because it was.)

* Damn, everyone was right about the neck dive. I'll move the strap button asap.

* Damn, it feels kind of cheap. (But what did I want for a $213 'scratch and dent' from Musician's Friend?)

And finally and most importantly...

* Damn, this thing sounds freakin' great!
    I was honestly suprised at how good it sounded. I'm very happy with it after my admitedly short time playing it.
    I'll take it to rehearsal tomorrow night and really put it through it's paces.

My main bass is a Stingray, so I'll have to get used to the feel of the neck. But it's a really great looking and fun bass so far!
    Oh, and I still haven't found the scratch or dent. I'm sure there's one somewhere, I just haven't located it yet.

2. Rota

Rota

Jun 11, 2007
    Mesa, Arizona
    They aren't a bad bass for the money at all. I'd love to hear one with aftermarket active pickups. I'm finally selling mine because it just never gets played next to my Schecter or my Epiphone EBM 5 string.

3. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Not necessary. Just get a 4" wide padded leather strap or one of those neoprene Comfort-type straps and you should not notice any neck dive.

4. Just quietly have you got one of your basses on ebay at the moment?

5. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Me? Yes, two at the moment.

6. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah...I've been to their "warehouse" in North Kansas City a couple of times. They have a lot of "scratch and dent" stuff....and that is being polite!! Actually I picked up a nearly new Ampeg 4X10 HE about 5 years ago and it was in great shape. Had to replace a speaker, but it served me well for a number of years....but other than that - BUYER BEWARE!!!