1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the term "melty" makes my skin crawl

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Does this term irk anyone else as much as it does me? It sounds like the fake cutesy words that 5 year old girls use, yet the Pepsi-Co corporation is trying to make it legit.... first in Taco Bell commercials, then in cheez stuffed crust Pizza Hut commercials, and now in KFC grilled wrap commercials. On to their soft drink ads now?How are they gonna work it in?

melty melty melty...ugh, it drives me nuts.

Sorry folks, slow day and my mind just popped during this commercial break.

Any other lame phrases you hear that drive you equally nuts? Because if I start hearing "melty" used by educated peoples in conversation, I'm gonna commit myself.

It drives me almost as nuts as the fake-ass Bruce Hornsby ripoff piano bed music in those Pro Activ commercials.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Actually, the word "melty" either makes me either hungry or horny depending on the context.

3. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    It's pretty yucky

4. Hahahaha, you doodiehead...:smug: