Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Texas A&M List Eater

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eyescream, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I read about this on the RX7Club forums, and did a little bit of looking around and, after I saw the video, decided I had to share it with you guys.

At the Cotton Bowl (as I'm sure happens at most big schools around bowl time), all these people that go to texas A&M were camping out for days, using a list system to make sure that everybody is able to get tickets in a timely manner, kind of self-policing to make sure the entire group is served well. This crazy girl walks up at 8:00 when the windows open and nobody's paying attention, and breaks in line. When it's brought to her attention that she's breaking convention and basically screwing up everything, and is shown the list, the girl EATS the list, and then goes on to say some silly things.

She almost started a riot, and what's best is that she has to sit beside all those people she pissed off so much for about 4 hours during the game. The people that made the video you're about to see brought all this to the attention of the local news channel and it was reported and the news interviewed her, etc.

Anyway, here's the video, since it's funnier than I am. This is also, as far as I'm concerned, further proof that people in Texas are touched in the head. ;)

Note that the video, being that it portrays a bunch of angry college students, has some bad language in it. Also, there's a self-righteous fat chick. If things like this offend you, I apologize and advise you not to watch the video.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Gig 'em Ags!

brad cook

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    bump, i gotta watch this when i get home!

:D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just watched it. Pretty weird. I don't know that anything quite that wacky happened during my time at Texas A&M...at least not in the ticket line.

brad cook

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    show off

6. further proof the Longhorns are better.

:bag:

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Meh...t-sip wannabe.

brad cook

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    She even looks like a bag of crap.

funny vid.

9. My brother, a former student and a rather blunt person, was bewildered at the fact that NO ONE beat her down (he is not known for his kindness, either).

Mike

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Honestly, I'm surprised at that, too. Not from A&M specifically, but because of group dynamics in situations like that. I guess she got hers, though; since she was embarrassed and called out on local TV, at school, and now all over the world. :)

11. I didn't mean to imply that Aggies beat women... he was getting at the group dynamics thing, too. I mean, come on, lesser mobs have turned over police cars and set them ablaze. If this were a soccer match all that would be left is a stain. Sadly, that kind of ignorance carries through most of life and she'll probably never realize what a moron she is.

Mike

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Fixed it for you.

Sic 'em Bears! 35-34!!!

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Man, she just looks like a major b. I went to school with some girls like that. Nuttin' but a skank. Looks like a guest from Jerry Springer as they were chanting. Not hard to spot them.

In the beginning there was the list. All did come and putteth his own name on the list. The list was good, and the list was law. One day, the evil one did awake from a slumber. Then the hour came when she would come forth, and did decieve many. The laws of the line and of the list did not put off the evil one. She did then eat the list, and did violate the line. Verily I say unto you, this is the account of the Evil List Eater.

14. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN

No no. I'm agreeing with you.

Ty: Brotherman, I had it right the first time. ;)

Trevorus: This smacks very much like the Cthulhu mythos coming to roost in Texas. If I could write like Lovecraft, I'd say something about the eldritch denizens of A&M falling prey to the eternal slumbering undergod that is the Lliszteathaer.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    :scowl:

brad cook

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So, did the lady get tickets to the game or not? I couldn't really tell from the video if they actually sold her tickets.

One thing forgotten....just buy season tickets to your favorite team. That way you don't have to suddenly act like some major fan, and camp out like a fool for a week to get tickets to a game.

-Mike

17. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio

No, it's Texas. You're talking about the second largest denomination in the state. Football fan. Many people on Sunday and Saturday pray to the football gods for vistory. As for the people singing the fight song that is one of the truly awesome things about college football. Go to a Michigan, or a Texas A&M or an Ohio State and that is devotion from everyone in the surrounding area. Where else can you see over 80,000 people with one common factor? That is incredible. I am surprised that they did not rip her from limb to limb.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not just Texas...Texas A&M. We know every word to not just our War Hymn (fight song) but to our school song "The Spirit of Aggieland" and to a number of complicated "yells" which are lead by one of five "yell leaders" (we don't have cheer leaders, pom-poms, flip-flops or any of that stuff) on the field and are yelled simultaneously by the entire student body at football games. Thousands of students gather at midnight before every football game and we have actually practice these yells. It's called "Midnight Yell." All that is part of why Kyle Field is so loud and why it's a tough stadium to come play in. It's where we beat number 1 Oklahoma 2 years ago...when our team really wasn't all that good. Not that we're great now either.

Texas A&M is a very tradition-oriented school with many traditions going back over a hundred years. There's about 10 traditions for any given thing you might see or do there. It's really pretty cool and makes for a fun atmosphere. Also there really is an "Aggie Code of Honor" that they speak of, "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do" and is held sacred by some on campus.

Of course in this age a lot of these traditions have been watered down or deemphasized by some students but the majority of ags know and follow most of the traditions. The girl in this video would be considered a "bad ag" and what she is doing would be called "bad bull". The people in that video are far from unusual at A&M and they aren't fanatics....just good redass ags.

brad cook

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She got the tickets.

They don't sell season tickets to the student body at A&M. You have to pull them weekly. Seniors on Monday, Juniors on Tues.. and so on. However, this was for a bowl game so even if they did sell season tickets they would not include a bowl game played at another stadium.

brad cook

20. Speaking of Aggie tradition, will they ever do the bonfire ever again? I mean, what happened a few years ago was tragic, but it went on for years accident-free, why stop it?