Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Thousand Bucks Dilemma

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I should have around 1000 bucks of free cash soon, if the new owner of my Spector likes it, and I'm going to put them towards amplification. I have been thinking about getting a small stack, and I could land something like Hartke 3500 and some 2x12 or 4x10 cab for that kind of money. I have seen used Hartke XL 4x10s and even Glockenklang 2x12 for around 600 bucks, EBS 4x10s for 800 while Hartke heads go around 300-400. There are also Peavey 4x10s around that kind of cash, new. Any other suggestions?

BTW, I seem to be heading for Eden CXC-212 with Hartke 3500 or Warwick Profet IV head. Does anyone have anything to say about Eden CXC-series?

I would like to have tight and thumpy low end for blues/rock/heavy-lines, and I would like to be clearly heard also - in a single cab for easy roading.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I don't have any hands on experience with Glockenlang, but from what I've heard it probably beats a Hartke hands down.