Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the Three Stooges

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Jul 11, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nyuk nyuk nyuk. :D

What's your favorite Three Stooges episode, or character?

Mine is when they join the army.

That's a truly hilarious episode.

"Let's have some bayonet practice". :D

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Niagra Falls!

Or the one with the talking Knight.

...or any that end up with a pie-throwing fight.
    Wait, that's all of 'em.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Disorder in the Court

brad cook

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i think that was called " Boobs In Arms " ...
    or was it the one about Moe and Curly
    as dictators in " I'll Never Heil Again " ?

{ my 8 year old daughter and i watch them almost every Saturday morning ...}

5. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    My favourite character is Larry.

My (so far) favourite episode is the one with the submarine.

6. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Curly is definitely my favorite. I like the episode when Moe is impersonating Hitler. There are lots of double entendres in the joke in that one.

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1 "Take off your hat" "Raise your right hand" "I SAID TAKE OFF YOUR HAT!"

Definately Curley 100%. It's pretty cool because in MA we have Comcast, and they have an "On Demand' service where you can watch movies and some tv shows that are saved and they changed every once in a while. They just added a selection about 12 Stooges episodes you can watch.

I just watched the Fish Seller's episode "You down there, do you have a haddock?" Haddock? I don't have a haddock"

8. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Any one that's on during a lazy Saturday afternoon! :D The "X meets Y" films are fun in a novelty sense....when they meet Dracula, the wolf man, Frankenstein, etc. "Soup to Nuts" is good, and "Punch Drunks" is one of my all-time favs-where Curly tries to fight someone every time he hears "Pop Goes the Weasel". :p

Also, anytime they were firemen, policemen, doctors, lawyers, etc. or anytime they had wives or girlfriends....those are classics too. :D

9. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Does anyone remember the 3 Stooges Nintendo game? I actually have a version for Gameboy :) They changed it around a bit though so that sucks :(

10. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I love the stories in which they are in haunted houses or castles. It is so funny when they get scared, then blame each other.

11. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL

YES!!! Love those too! :hyper:

12. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but it's the one where they're on a train and they get into a car that is serving crab.

"Hey look, turtle!"

"Hey fill this back up wouldja?"

Person: "This crab is delicious" Curley: "Hah, he don't know it's turtle" (it went something like that)

13. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

Is that the one that actually starts out as another game, "Defender of the Realm"? If it is then it was hilarious. It contained my favorite episode; whenever Larry plays "Pop Goes The Weasal" on his violin Curly turns into a championship caliber boxer.

14. Out there somewhere is a "3 Stooges" Beer. I am not too sure how far south (from Ontario) it made it, but it does exsist.

Pretty good stuff. Comes with different caps featuring Larry, Curly, and of course Moe.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That reminded me of the Don Knotts movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." Good stuff.

brad cook

16. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well the one I remember is that they walk in front of a ghostbusters logo "HEY! We're in the wrong game!" Yea, they had the boxing epsideo where larry has to run and get a radio and you had to avoid all these obsticles. They had pie throwing, gocart's in the hospital, slap fight, trying to get the crackers before the oysters do, trivia and a bunch of other things. The game boy version is OK, but it seems alittle slower paced and some of the games changed a bit. Like you don't throw pies, instead I think you throw pizza...

17. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

Its proabably the same game but a different version. Your description sounds just like the one I played, the Three Stooge Come out in front of a Castle and Curly says, "Hey, this looks like a kids game". Then Moe slaps Curly and Larry and calls them idiots, and the game starts.

18. I love all of 'em. One of 'em that stands out as I'm thinking of it is "Brideless Groom". Shemp has to be married to inherit half a million dollars. He has about six hours from the reading of the will to get hitched. It's a riot! Another one is them being tailors in a dry cleaning store called "Sing a Song of Six Pants". And just about anything with Curly. Like one guy qouted, "Take off your hat!" Raise your right hand"... "Take off your hat...". Just outstanding, that one was! :p

19. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    "A plumbing we will go" Best Stooges short ever!!

Slug

20. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I love when Curley's ripping all the wires out of the pipe "It's gotta end somewhere!"