The Thundrbird has landed(at Rondo)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not exactly what i was expecting it to look like, but cool nonetheless. Its good that it is Brice also.
  2. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

I would imagine it looks more thunderbirdish in real life, they tend to alter the gibson lookalikes for the pictures, but the one sent to you will look different.
    The top horn is a little akward, and kind of ruins the whole thing, but I want to see a real picture first.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I'm unfamilar with Brice, what's their stuff like? Is it worth the money?
  5. IMO, while the top horn isn't an exact match for the originals, it doesn't ruin anything at all. I think the SG copies with the larger edge on one side of the back make them looked 'ruined', but this Brice T-bird I think looks great...maybe even better in real life.
  6. Funny how Epiphone, in all their cheapie wisdom, cannot make a set neck version at all, let alone one for 1/3 the price they charge for their version, and they're licenced.

I realise the T-Bird is a neck thru, but come on....this is closer than anything by Epi. And the non-reverse Tbirds with a P/J setup? I always hated that.
  7. I think it's pretty sharp looking. I'd love to try one.
  8. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    This might actually be a decent stocking stuffer.
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    for $199 you could drop some bartolini's in that (If you like active PU's) and have a killer bass for less than a not so killer epi, this reminds me of the project bass someone was discussing a couple of months ago of a t-bird body with a jazz neck.
  10. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Close enough for rock and roll! I wonder if they could do some kind of 'special edition' with reverse headstock.. :bassist:

Those pups look EMG-compatible, by the way.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Crap. It's only 1.56" at the nut. Too narrow for my ogre mitts.
  12. boo that, I'd like it a lot better if the head stock was reversed. The fenderish headstock really doesnt go well with the Gibson body.
  13. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    I agree, however, the headstock on the Brice beats the hell out of the huge chunky Gibson headstock. That's the only real reason I haven't bought one. I can't get past that gargantuan chunk o' wood.
  14. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1, but that's not something that can't be fixed, now is it? :p.

15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's good solid made in Korea budget stuff. Servicable, giggable, usable.

One of my main basses is a Brice V2 six string fretless and I like it a lot. It does not leave me wanting, and looks nice, too. Maybe someone who came to my Washington DC GTG and saw it and played it can comment more objectiely.

BTW I wouldn't change the pickups, Brice PUs are generally servicable decent sounding pieces.

I like the headstock a lot since I'm a big Who fan.... :) Looks kind of like John's old Fenderbirds. :hyper:
  16. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Yeah I love John Entwistle and thats what attracted me to this. I would definitely upgrade the electronics and maybe add a nice pickguard but for $199!! That's a steal!!
  17. KataPolt

Aug 4, 2004

Can you please PM me and tell me exactly what you would replace, and where I can find them? I am thinking to buy one of these, too :hyper:
  18. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Have you guys seen the white one? It's just $199
  19. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    There was a DC GTG?!? I missed it?!?! :confused: :mad: :mad: :bawl: :spit: :bawl: :bassist: