Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the time you spend looking at this computer screen vs praticing

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Jan 23, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    As great as the internet can be, it is an addiction. I would like to pratice a little more than I do now. The internet can be "information overload".

I am weening myself off the internet and trying to pratice more each night.

Between to 2 bass message boards and a site on home recording the hours add up.

2. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Nike's old slogan says it all:

JUST DO IT

Remember; there's only one way to get better at anything; and that's to do it.

3. When I'm on the internet im mostly on TB with my bass trying to learn stuff.

4. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I do warm up scales as I read the posts.

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    I work on t'internet, so spend about 8 hours a day using tools online. I dont use it all at home other than to do email, banking, paperless bills, etc.

I usually practice about 2 hours a night at the moment, 1 to 1.5 hours on upright and 15 to 30 mins on electric. So ther ratio is about 4 : 1, internet : practice.

6. thephilosopher

thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    i usually have a bass in my hands when i'm on the computer at home. when i'm on the computer at (music) school, i'm usually learning about music/theory, so yeah, i guess that'd be considered practicing, too.