the time you spend looking at this computer screen vs praticing

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Jan 23, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    As great as the internet can be, it is an addiction. I would like to pratice a little more than I do now. The internet can be "information overload".

I am weening myself off the internet and trying to pratice more each night.

Between to 2 bass message boards and a site on home recording the hours add up.
  2. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Nike's old slogan says it all:

Remember; there's only one way to get better at anything; and that's to do it.
  3. When I'm on the internet im mostly on TB with my bass trying to learn stuff.
  4. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I do warm up scales as I read the posts.
  5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    I work on t'internet, so spend about 8 hours a day using tools online. I dont use it all at home other than to do email, banking, paperless bills, etc.

I usually practice about 2 hours a night at the moment, 1 to 1.5 hours on upright and 15 to 30 mins on electric. So ther ratio is about 4 : 1, internet : practice.
  6. thephilosopher

Dec 22, 2004
    i usually have a bass in my hands when i'm on the computer at home. when i'm on the computer at (music) school, i'm usually learning about music/theory, so yeah, i guess that'd be considered practicing, too.