1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Tom Bowlus Needs Our Help!!! aka Basement Relief Fund

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Mar 23, 2006.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hey don't listen to them Tom. I used to have carpet like that.

Then I got a job. :D

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    It'll be a short run of cabs. I don't think it is legal to manufacturer that color anymore. :D :bag:

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Perhaps we could submit the pics to Fab Five thingie. Honestly, who wouldn't think he's desperately in a need of change?

Plus, they could always advertise the show by phrases like "..the laughing stock of the whole bass world.." :D

4. Yeah...I sort of figured that if I gave money, it wouldn't go into the floor! Anyway, no one's yet to give to the "Nega-Wish" foundation, so I'm holding out until we've got the kids some decent basses!:D

Rock on, Tom!:bassist:

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

All your missing Tom is some Metallica Posters ! :p :bassist:

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I had those back in the college days. They're still hanging around somewhere. :D

Actually, I do have one nice vintage Van Halen poster (the old card stock kind) up in my music room, but the problem is, you can't see the walls anymore! :eek:

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine

Tom, this more than anything, is your personal cry for help.
    You have my shipping address.

I don't think you own any gear I don't want.

8. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Well, I just sent Tom enough dough to re-carpet that room. However, I somehow suspect that we will see shots of new gear with the same old carpeting.

The Bowlus Signature Cab line, huh? I like that. Have you covered that with Jim B.? I'd be fascinated to see where he has to go for a supplier - or were you thinking to use the original? Then you would be forced to re-carpet. Of course, you could do the original and then some cheaper second source. That way folks would be able to buy the pre-New York Carpet World for a premium on eBay on the basis that it would sound better. You could even create a re-issue version, complete with Makers Mark staining. Just a thought.

9. He can't change that carpet now! It's too late.

If he were to change that carpet it would be just another basement, sterile and cold. You simply can't buy that kind of character, and besides, if he had a new rug and spilled a beer.... he would have to clean it. ;)

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    heck with shipping Chef stuff. I can store it at my house, no need for shipping! :)

11. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Jim could put it on the new IP line and it could be like "The Future of Bass Amplification, with a Retro Twist"...
    or not.:bag:

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Dudes, I am laughing my @$$ off! Great thread! :p

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    This is a bad idea, because;

A. It's cool
    B. That basement is freaking huge, and I'd have to do it.
    C. You have to have it EMPTY to replace the floor. Who in the hell is actually going to move that much stuff?!?!??!?!?!

PS, if you do ever replace it, pick a cab out and I will recover it in the stuff that's down now. Looks like the peavy might be a good candidate lol.

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yeah, what he said! :cool:

This is true. ;)

I think Pat would if I told him that my 25th Anniversary Sadowsky was up against the far wall. :p

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that this must be done if I ever do get rid of that carpet. Thanks for volunteering! :D Of course, I really doubt that the funkadelic carpet is going away anytime soon. :)

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    If you decide to take off the paneling, I'll use my drywall finishing skills to redo the walls for you. I also have bow staff skills, and computer hacking skills. :D

-Mike

16. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I'll definitely hook up with you if I need any drywall work, feel like taking out my neighbor 'Little John style', or if I feel inspired to take down Microsoft! [Please note, Mr. Bush and Mr. Gates, that was just a joke! ;)]

Tom.