1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Tone That Stole Christmas

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by petrus61, Oct 24, 2013.

1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

My "Grinch" decade box/varitone. My first "build" ever. It's a simple shorting six way rotary hooked up to six different cap values. It has a tone pot, input and output. The tin can held a pair of holiday boxers that were a gift to me last Christmas. The values, from least treble roll off to most are .0047, .01, .022, .033, .047 and .1uf. It's not pretty, but its mine:
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1382673505.578431.
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1382673544.628043.

2. petrus61

3. neuman

neuman

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
    Awesome; I have different volume and selector pedal in Altoids tins, Sucrets boxes....

4. petrus61

Thanks. I kind of used it out of necessity. I had a really nice cigar box but I hadn't really thought out how the pots would mount to it. This was the next available thing. I eventually got the cigar box drilled but then realized this can actually cut some noise. Plus it was deep enough to hold the size caps I had on hand.