1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Tony Grey Bass Academy

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by tony grey, Oct 15, 2013.

1. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    So I just want to use this space to introduce you to the Tony Grey Bass Academy.

I have used my years of experience as a professional bass player and teacher to create an online bass academy where we can learn and grow together as musicians in a private community.

My approach on how to play bass is all about teaching how to create your own voice as a musician. A lot of teachers teach licks and seem to have a bunch of random lessons that don't connect. I really want to give the tools to the student so they can learn their own licks and vocabulary. I have developed a systematic study plan that will take any musician at any level and help them reach the goals they desire. My system applies if you want to learn Jazz, BeBop, Rock, Funk, Pop, really any style. It's all about being creative with what you learn immediately.

Please use this sticky thread to ask questions or discuss the academy, and lets keep the rest of the forum for general bass related questions and everything else.

The course is suitable for beginners right through to advanced, so whatever stage you are at with your bass playing, you will always find enough content and structured lessons to develop your skills further and make your pratise time really count.

If you'd like to join the academy, you can do so here

http://www.tonygreybassacademy.com/join/

Feel free to ask any questions about joining here.

I think that way, we can keep the other areas in the ask a pro forum more generalized.
    [​IMG]

2. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I just wanted to drop a line to all you TB'ers on here who are thinking about signing up or are just curious about the website. DO IT! I have tried all the other member lessons sites and Tony has been by far the easiest to chat with. His site is easy to navigate through and he gives you very precise tips as to how to practice and setup a schedule that work. I'm not saying anything bad about the other sites, but they are very convoluted with material. Seemingly random lessons that seem to have no order. To me that seems a little counter productive. Tony Grey is always there to answer your questions on the forum site and seem like he eats, breathes and sleeps on this site. He really bends over backwards for those who are 100% passionate and actually try to work through the lessons. Hell, he even gave me a few phone calls to chat about some important aspects of his lessons along with a Skype lesson, free of charge! Definitely a professional and ultimate teacher.

His lessons are very easy to follow and once you sign up, explore all the options on his site, because they are very helpful. Especially, reading through the forum questions. I have about 100 or more questions on the forum that really dive deep into practice schedule. So, for those of you who are looking for a professional instructor to study with, Tony Grey is by far my first choice. Years and years worth of material to either get you started as a bass player or if you're an experienced player looking to take your playing to the next level, this is it.

I've been a member since day 1 and plan to stick with it for as long as Tony keeps the site up and running. Invaluable material and a great hard working professional at your fingertips! Definitely a must for a serious musician and bass player.

Just my 2cents, and no I am not endorsed by Tony. I am just a passionate bass player who strives each day to become better, as I am sure you all are. Take that extra cash laying around and invest in his site, because in the end you gain the most from it.

Thanks,

-Adam Prado

3. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Thank you so much Adam.

4. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Are the videos downloadable?

5. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hello the videos in the Academy are not downloadable but full HD streaming. The is a document and playalong track available with each lesson.

Making these videos downloadable will be to damaging for the business. However the site is running well and the videos stream on all devices. smart phones, ipads etc.

I'm getting ready to launch version 2.0 which will be full of extras including downloadable video courses free tracks, charts etc.

I'll keep you posted.

6. Coeball

Coeball

Aug 25, 2007
    UK
    On the bass academy do you demonstrate the technical exercises from your recent book?

I recently purchased it and am really enjoying the course but having trouble playing the technical exercises and the subdivisions you specify, a video of you actually playing them would be extremely helpful as it would give me an idea of how they are meant to sound.

In any case, thank you so much for all the great work you do "The Bass Academy" is really helping me expand my playing.

7. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hi there thanks for the message.
    There are a lot of technique exercises in the online Bass Academy with Videos and full explanations. The book was edited a lot because of the size. The good thing about the online school is there was no restriction on the size so I go into a lot of detail.

8. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I was wondering if the academy still organized as it used to be, i.e. several segments of the curriculum to chose from (bebop, arpeggios, seven step course, etc. if I remember correctly)?
    Currently it mentions only the monthly drip fed format for anything but the professional membership, so my question is if everybody has to take the same lessons, or is there some sort of assessment in the beginning to decide which avenue to follow?

9. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Is Tony even around these forums these days/weeks?

10. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Well, I took the opportunity to try the academy for free over 7 days...and I'm staying for a while more! The amount of material is really staggering, but it is really splendidly organized and presented. Thumbs up!