Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Traynor YBA 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Beefbass, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I've been reading about the ways you can mod this amp to make it sound better than it does.

My question is this; is there anyone here who bought this amp, and is happy with the way it sounds stock?

If so, what kind of bass do you use, and which speaker cabinets do you use with it?

I've thought about going to an all tube design-haven't had one of those since a Bassman 100 tube head I owned 15 years ago. (Actually, I do have a 1978 Musicmaster amp, but it's only used in the bedroom. I'm thinking about a gigging amp)

I play Fender basses, and use either flatwounds, or XL nickel roundwounds.

Thanks in advance for your opinions :bassist:

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
  3. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    IMO it sounds great stock, I dont plan on changing a thing.
    i use it with an ESP B205 bass and Avatar 212 Delta cab, and i play mostly hard rock/metal and its perfect for that.

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

How's the bottom end with that cab combination? I suspect it would sound great thru a couple of twelves.

How's it seem loudness wise?

5. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    the Avatars got plenty of low end. I'm in drop d a lot of the time, and it handles it fine. Tons of punch, too
    I was just now able to finally see exactly how loud it could be since im alone, and I'm very impressed. Im not used to the walls shaking. Sorry, I haven't been able to try it with a guitarist, but from the sound of it, it should be plenty