Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The trials of a recessive hopeless romantic.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AltIII, Mar 24, 2004.

1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    "Why do I always fall in love with every woman that shows me any sort of attention" Eternal Sunshine (paraphrased I bet)
    That quote fits me so well. I can't help but become a little bit infatuated with any attractive girl that is nice to me. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could actually find my testicles and ask some of them out.
    Currently it's one of the girls that works at the Coffee shop I go to. She's very, very cute, great smile. But how do I go about letting her know that I'm interested without seeming too effected(does that make sense?) I have reservations in regards to complimenting and flirting because I'm afraid that they might get my drift become annoyed or disgusted. How do normal people play the field without making themselves too vunerable?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Wrong forum - you should have posted this at talkteen.com :D

There is only one option - work up the kahuna's to ask her out for a coffee on her break or after work or stop stalking her. And, learn to deal with rejection - it will happen - life goes on.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    How you doin'? Just talk, and if the vibe is right, ask if she is available. It's that easy. Your biggest asset is confidence, go find some.

How do you guys feel about leaf blowers?

4. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    yeah I figured that was the option. It's just hard to do it without feeling awkward and nervous.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    "I'm a hopeless romantic and you're just hopeless." -The Bouncing Souls.

Sorry, the title reminded me of this song.

~Patrick

6. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm not gonna be able to pull confidence out of thin air. And quit trying to hijack all of my threads.

7. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Good song, it was in the back of my head as well.

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Actually, confidence is found by realizing that you have absolutely nothing to lose. If you ask and she declines, you're still in the same spot you're in now right?

I don't try to hijack ALL of your threads........

How about Toro, is that a good option?

9. Leaf blowers? I got a good one...I think. I've used it like once. Nice gas one. A pain to start up though sometimes. Oh well, a leaf blower is a leaf blower right? I think I'm going to go start it up here at 8:45pm and blow the leaves off the front patio...be back soon!

Best Regards,
    Tyler The Leaf Blower Man!

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    No, a leaf blower isn't just the same as another, each have their own personalities. I assume yours is a two stroke right? Are you mixing your fuel a little rich maybe? Make sure you prime it before starting too.

11. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    ******! If leaf blowers are on your mind, why don't you start you own ****** leaf blower thread. Why do yo have to be a smart *** about it and hi jack a thread that bores you? If it bores you, or you think it's stupid, just don't read the **** in it. Leave it alone.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    See I live in an apartment and have no garden or backyard and so dont need to worry about leaf blowers. On the other hand magnetic window cleaners are important! :)

13. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    And If I ask her out and she declines, I'm still gonna want to get coffee or juice at that place. Everytime I go to the counter she'll be like "there's the *** that asked me out"

14. Thats it! I think I remember my father saying something about that a couple months ago. Anyways, that was fun blowing the leaves! They were like in slow motion kinda just blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing and blowing and then I ran outta gas...Oh well, I think I managed to wake my father and half the neighborhood, so mission accomplished, right? Right? Right? You know what they say, three rights do make a left!

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    If you are casual enough about it then she won't care and will probably be flattered. You are ascribing too much importance to yourself to think that she is going to sit there and laugh at you the rest of your life - chances are if she says no she wont even think twice about it - unless you make a bit deal out of it.

Just be casual, introduce yourself and ask her if she would like to have a coffee on her break or after her shift. If she says no, say something like "well thanks anyway - you can't blame a guy for trying" and walk away (then to your bedroom and cry :D ) hehe - sorry!

16. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    So? Who gives a **** what she thinks?

If she turns you down, she's no longer worth your time or effort to think of.

Here's confidence: If they don't want you, they're trash and don't deserve you anyway.

17. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    If she is spending any time with you other than taking your order she is interested. Not in love but..... Respect her by showing her you are interested. It will go from there. Play more than roots on this one :) Get the Triad in there and you will know.

tk

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I believe that leaf blowers are an essential puzzle piece to a happy, long-lasting marriage.

Tried out those new Honda 400X series blowers yet? Some serious stuff right there.

19. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Man, my leaf blower sucks! It seems to be less powerful than the professional gardeners use. I hope I can upgrade sometime. Are there any leaf blowers more powerful than a 2 stroke? I eagarly await a response...

~matt

20. I've seen the TV ads and WOW! Those things blew those leaves way up in the air! Was like *woosh woosh woosh* and then they turned into nothing but nothing...yep, read it word for word "nothing but nothing"