1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Truth About Women - snoop.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Bass brothers, I have made a discovery which may end up getting me killed. I wish to share it with you before this happens.

1. My girlfriend, while visiting me at college, said that one of the girls that I hung out with liked me. How she figured this out, I had no idea. There were no signs of it to the average (read: male) observer. Sure enough, about 2 months later, it becomes obvious that this college friend has a thing for me.

2. In discussing this idea with a male friend at college (Whitney), he said that his girlfriend (who lives 1500 miles away at an all-girls school) told him the same sort of thing about another girl at our college. At this point, the girlfriend had only visited once, only met our group of friends once. Again, there were no outward appearances of the girl having a thing for Whitney, but sure enough, a few months later, it comes into the open.

3. Whitney and I decided that there must be some sort of back-channel of communication for women. Intuition was not enough - they were somehow combining their intuitions together to basically become omniscient.

4. One night over Winter Break while I was at home, I had a dream in which every girl I've ever met (save for my girlfriend) was collected in a room. At the end of the dream, one of them waved to the other and said the word, "snoop!" The whole room breaks out in this form - it was as if everyone was saying "goodbye," but replaced with "snoop!" (Sort of like the scene in Being John Malkovich where Malkovich goes into his own head, and everyone just says "Malkovich.")

5. While getting ready for the day, I remember this dream and start to wonder about the significance of it. What does "snoop" mean? First, it means to probe. Second, spelled backwards it reads "poons," which is a slang term for the female genitals.

6. I hypothsize that it may perhaps be the name of a website related to the back channel of communication that women must have to know what they know.

7. I come back from break and tell a friend (Dusty) about my dream and theory. Instead of looking at me strangely, he says that there was a report about snoop.com on CNN that morning. Suddenly my hypothesis starts to smell less like a crackpot theory and more like a reflection of reality.

8. We get onto snoop.com and have a look. On the front page of the website, there are pictures of women (no men) playing various sorts of games. "Welcome to your source for gaming information on the net," reads the first sentence. It is my belief that "gaming information" is a metaphor for knowledge about people in general.

9. At this point, we would've probably dismissed it as a coincidence, but among the ten links on the first page, one is "internet detective" and another is "internet spy."

10. My conclusion, from all of these premises, is that snoop.com is a communication channel for women. There must be an email ring, or a secret message board related to this site. They do not discuss "gaming," but they discuss things that only they should know - they are sharing their intutions with each other. They know everything.

Be afraid, men. Your multi-millenia dominance is about to end.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Have you been smoking the wacky tobaccy again? :D

3. Hevi

Hevi

Mar 28, 2006
    yes, women are aliens and their mother-ship is hidden behind the moon...

4. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

You're paranoid. It appears to be a domain squatter page.

5. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    I love a good conspiracy.

I have had the same thing happen with me. I don't know how women do it but they have the most finely tuned intuitive abilities. It scares me sometimes.

6. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    LOL, are you wearing a tinfoil hat at this moment to ward off the microwave beams from the government too?

Girls know when other girls have a thing for you the same way you know another guy would go for your girl if were you not there. The little looks, secretly checking out the anatomy, being friendly for no apparant reason, ect.

7. correct...girls know what other girls do to flirt...thats how she knew, plus the reason you didn't pick it up is beause girls apparently love being subtle, hoping that you'll pick up on the hint, and if you don't they get angry :)
    girls will do things that guys don't really think about, because to us, they aren't things that we think about, like...well, i can't think of them right now, but i know there are things they do :)

8. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Could be true. After all, the animals know if the winter will be bad or not.... we have no idea.

Lots of information out there. Lots of things we miss.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    We need to send in a spy. I volunteer myself as I have bigger boobs then all of you put together.

10. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    This is an amazing breakthrough in our (men's) understanding of the female communication network!

I've been working fervently for the past few years on developing a machine that could break their code. I had been anticipating some sort of extra-sensory communication, but I never would have guessed that all of their information is being transmitted right under our very noses. Incredible.

11. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    If anyone cracks the code, let me know ASAP! I'm about to get married :crying: ;) , and we have 2 little girls as well. If I am to keep from drowing in a sea of pink frilly things and mood swings, I need some kind of inside info! And if anyone has figured out why little girls are so much louder than little boys could even dream of being, that'd be good to.

wanted: earplugs, must be highly effective at blocking out exteremly shrill, high-pitched shreiking.