The truth is out there!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by keb, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Maybe they shouldn't have let Professor Leonid Kulik drive if all he was going to do was crash into stuff...
  2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hahaahahahahahaa (pravda means truth btw)

Its great, one of the funniest news papers ever... you know they are not joking around, they acctually believe what they write:D

one of the greatest stories from there was 4 pages of why americans never landed on the moon... funniest "arguments" i ever seen:D
  3. If we didn't land on the come theres a flag there?
  4. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

hehehe I think argument they used for that was some type of rocket that crashes in the moon and then installs flag with out people around... basically way they describe it was some rocket that has archery on it shoots out the flag like arrow or something...

Those people are really insane :D its GREAT!
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No, they just said it was fake. :rolleyes:
  6. Sonorous isn't being unnecessarily complicated... get him!

7. Photoshop...

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    it was like the entire soviet regime - full of lies, under the name of "Truth" :rollno:

i lived here, I know that the whole soviet block was built upon lies - and it was even worse than fascism - hitler at least warned everyoe that he was insane and what he was going to do years before he got to power by writng mien kampf - yet communism killed (by estimates, 150 - 175 million people!!!) while lying all the time. i really hate communism, and if anyone supports it I'd tell them to read George orwell's 1984 and think of it as it was half true, but the soviets were hard going that was to achieve all that. 1984 was basically right what communism was about...
  9. Err...lets not turn this into a political argument when it doesn't have to be. While I appreciate your opinion and would love to debate this issue with you, I think its better we stay clear of it and keep this thread open.

10. What makes you guys think there's a flag there?
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    From a distance, communism might look like a nice idea.
    Someone said that communism is the opiate of the idealists.
    And it is it - a nice idea, but the way there....
    It has dictatorship encoded in it. also it has the aristocratic state of the party...
    You live in Australia. You have democracy. You have no idea what communism was about and what crimes were committed and about the constant lying.
    Luckily i was born late. If I was born like 50-60 years ago, I'd be executed by now. I just had to grow up in the regime. But we still have to deal with the consequences. And we have to face the past, which those criminals, some of which are again in power, try to make us forget or try to alter. But we know the truth.
    My family had to suffer from it. Some of my distant relatives were killed by them - luckily the rest could stay alive or flee. You have no idea what it was like - luckily, I didnt have to live through the tougher parts of it.

This is not politics. This is history.
    And it was not really about poitics, either. it was a dictatorship, and such as that, the soviet system was even worse than fascism. Yet is is rarely talked about - communism is so buried behind lies that you had to live in it to know what it was about.
    Hitler's toll: 12 million
    Stalin: 45-50 million
    Mai Ce-Tung: 45-63 million
    Pol Pot is responsible for the death of 10 million in just 3 years
    just some stats to compare...

I hate all kinds of dictatorships, be it left or right, to make my stand clear. You have lived too long in democracy to learn to value it - and dont know what dictatorships really are
  12. I'm not getting into this. You're debating that a system of government will never work because it hasn't in the past. I don't think anyone will argue that it didn't work previously, but I truly believe that given the right circumstances with the right people that it could. Maybe I am being an idealist, but thats how I feel. Nevertheless, that is the last I'm saying on it in this thread.