The Uber Big Muff Pi Website

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheFantod, Aug 20, 2009.

1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Yesterday's informative query about the Big Muff Pi and all its incarnations was really interesting. Last night I got into some research, and found an absolutely amazing site dedicated to the Big Muff Pi.

It is: http://www.kitrae.net/music/music_big_muff.html

There is a LOT of information here with tons of pictures, and a very detailed history of EHX. I can't vouch for the validity of the history, but the pics themselves are a goldmine.

No affiliation, etc.

(If this has been mentioned before, please forgive. Yes, I searched here first to see if this site has ever been mentioned, and found nothing).

Tim

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I stumbled onto this a week or so ago, very good read.

3. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
  4. well there goes MY productivity for the rest of the afternoon...

5. bhass

bhass

Oct 21, 2008
    England, UK
    David Gilmour fan much? 3/4 demos on the big interactive muff thing.

6. zenrad

zenrad Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Bergen County, NJ
    And yet nowhere is there a pic of my Big Muff Pi I bought in the late 70's. :(
    It's the terrible sounding one with the built-in compressor and the knobs down the side instead of across the top. I still have it, but never use it.

7. email that site, he'll want to buy it :p

maybe im missing something, but i used to have a muff and it diddnt do much for me. it seems to get as much love as a USA jazz bass around here- the "you cant go wrong" option. maybe next time theres a russian in the classifieds for $40 i'll grab it and give it a 2nd chance.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021